Home

FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-01-2020, 11:42 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish football fan
Hi MattL, what are the sprint speed and speed of animations like this year? hopefully not too fast and and unrealistic. Fingers crossed for a big improvement in career mode this year.
They are pretty much the same, although instead of jogging animation as the next sequence when tiring, it is a slow sprint - which is much more preferred.

First game on Legendary, absolutely blasted by Wolves (as West Brom) 6-0.

Game is exactly how it was in the post-patch beta, which I'm totally fine with. The variety is incredible as it was in the beta. The resistance is there.

There are still some issues where there is just a tad it of space in the defensive third for the forwards to face goal too early - thus able to send easier through balls to threatening areas.

Overall, ecstatic that not too much was touched at all. Will be streaming later on today hopefully.

Keep impressions going!
Old 10-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
They are pretty much the same, although instead of jogging animation as the next sequence when tiring, it is a slow sprint - which is much more preferred.

First game on Legendary, absolutely blasted by Wolves (as West Brom) 6-0.

Game is exactly how it was in the post-patch beta, which I'm totally fine with. The variety is incredible as it was in the beta. The resistance is there.

There are still some issues where there is just a tad it of space in the defensive third for the forwards to face goal too early - thus able to send easier through balls to threatening areas.

Overall, ecstatic that not too much was touched at all. Will be streaming later on today hopefully.

Keep impressions going!
Tweet I just did, shows the highlights:

https://twitter.com/Matt10L/status/1311698050574888961

Also a bit longer version

Old 10-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

What are your opinions on Competitor mode? Will you try to provide set for it as well?
Old 10-01-2020, 02:07 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Tweet I just did, shows the highlights:

Also a bit longer version

Isn't it a problem that Neves missed all his long passes?
Old 10-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4lfXD
What are your opinions on Competitor mode? Will you try to provide set for it as well?
Competitor mode is a worthless mode that indulges those who want to play arcade ball. All players doing skill moves, attacking the same way, ignoring tactics - shall I go on? There won't be a set for it. Who knows, maybe the set we come up with will allow that mode to work, but for now, definitely not.

Re: Neves passes, yeah, here and there. he completed some of them too.

So far, the only value I'm looking at is pass speed. I did this in the beta and the gameplay was much better in terms of close down rate and even the driven crosses/passes. Thinking 40/35 (user/cpu).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 03:32 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Competitor mode is a worthless mode that indulges those who want to play arcade ball. All players doing skill moves, attacking the same way, ignoring tactics - shall I go on? There won't be a set for it. Who knows, maybe the set we come up with will allow that mode to work, but for now, definitely not.

Re: Neves passes, yeah, here and there. he completed some of them too.

So far, the only value I'm looking at is pass speed. I did this in the beta and the gameplay was much better in terms of close down rate and even the driven crosses/passes. Thinking 40/35 (user/cpu).
Finding the gap between defensive line to central mids is an issue again. Tightened up via line width 48 and line length 45/45; right away it's perfect with the way the middle of the field is clogged again.

I'll be streaming in about an hour or so, but so far looking really good the pass speed and line adjustments. Also looking at shot error as it's pretty much the same. Lots of low-mid level height shots, bit too accurate as well.

Last edited by Matt10; 10-01-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #23
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I know on the beta I found World Class a good challenge whereas on 20 I could walk to opponents 18yrd box before even challenged so there are definite improvement in the games & it’s nice to hear they haven’t changed it much from beta.

Yeah I agree with you about competitor mode, only played one game & it was ****e, to me definitely it was definitely not worth it. Only reason I can see why people would use it is for practicing before going to play fut.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #24
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Didn't play much yet but seems a lot like FIFA 20. Probably could end up just using most of the values from last year as a base. I've gotten used to PES again so I'll have to readjust to the lack of weight the players and ball in FIFA.

What I do know is that I'm holding off on updating. If it's this decent so far I can only imagine that it will become terrible as they patch it to death.

Edit:
Not sure yet but manual controls might be back on the table for me this year especially mixed with semi through balls. Second man contain seems useful again as well.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 10-01-2020 at 04:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »