Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2023, 02:01 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRapide
I find that the ai gets extremely aggressive when down a man and often them leave huge gaps and it can lead to crazy scorelines as they press more and more and get more fatigued. I'm not sure if that may have driven your result as well, or if you're seeing that type of behavior in 11 on 11?
I’ve had insane score lines like winning 6-2 and 6-1 on Harder Legendary Slow since the V2 sliders against 11 men. A lot of the goals are from sprinting past players and them not recovering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2023, 02:11 PM   #402
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It sounds like something is just out of sync completely. Try deleting the profile and restarting to see if it makes a difference. We just haven't seen things like this at all. If we did, there'd be a lot more concern and a lot more hands on deck to figure it out.
I changed the Sprint Speed from 20/20 to 50/50 and that was the only thing I did and it made a huge difference. No more jockeying and better recovery by the CPU.

Unfortunately, Matt, I think the ‘bug’ that Sprint Speed sliders only affect players off-the-ball is still a thing on FC 24 (like FIFA 23) so when you’re on the ball, it’s really 50/20.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:15 PM   #403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urkaun
I’ve had insane score lines like winning 6-2 and 6-1 on Harder Legendary Slow since the V2 sliders against 11 men. A lot of the goals are from sprinting past players and them not recovering.
Gotcha. Sounds like response and acceleration etc are playing a bigger part than red card response issues. I normally played normal speed vs slow last year (and before that) which I anyways found helped the acceleration and response on both sides, but I know Matt and team are focused on avoiding this type of behaviour in their testing. If people are seeing it crop up more and they find the same in their testing, hopefully they can help find some tweaks to balance that.
Old 10-07-2023, 03:26 PM   #404
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I changed the Sprint Speed from 20/20 to 50/50 and that was the only thing I did and it made a huge difference. No more jockeying and better recovery by the CPU.

Unfortunately, Matt, I think the ‘bug’ that Sprint Speed sliders only affect players off-the-ball is still a thing on FC 24 (like FIFA 23) so when you’re on the ball, it’s really 50/20.
I just can't get on board with that this year because I'm not able to breeze past players at the same rate. We're on 5/5 testing at this point and it's very hard to dribble past one guy, let alone an entire team. You saw in my match I posted how hard it is, and how the CBs aren't caught out very often.

That's not to say you are wrong, it's just to say that I can't look into something that I'm not seeing - and not just from my own games as a source.

Can you try messing with acceleration instead? So instead of 51/51 try 51/52 and see how that plays? Then drop the Sprint Speed gradually all the way to 5/5 at some point. And always replay the same game.
Old 10-07-2023, 03:27 PM   #405
Rookie

Quote:
I played two more games but with 50/50 Sprint Speed instead of 20/20 and it was much better. CPU are much harder to beat and they recover much better from through balls. There’s also no CB jockey. Downside is the animations are more jittery but I’d rather that than being able to breeze past players and score easy goals. I play on Harder Legendary because I enjoy the challenge.

I think it’s just the same ‘bug’ from FIFA 23. I played with 50/50 Sprint Speed and 51/51 Acceleration of Legendary Slow on FIFA 23 too and there was no jockeying.

I don’t think it’s a data issue or anything. I think it’s the Sprint Speed. The difference between 20/20 and 50/50 is night and day on Legendary with regards to how the CPU track back and recover. 20/20 has better animations but more jockeying and not good enough recovering by CPU centre-halves against through balls and fast forwards. 50/50 has that recovery but more skating animations. I guess it’s a case of picking your poison.
This is exactly how I fee about the game. I love the sliders but the ONE thing that ruins the experience for me is how easy it can be once you are past the back line.

Out of interest - are you playing sprint 50/50 on slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2023, 03:36 PM   #406
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddscrace
This is exactly how I fee about the game. I love the sliders but the ONE thing that ruins the experience for me is how easy it can be once you are past the back line.

Out of interest - are you playing sprint 50/50 on slow.
Yes. Playing with Harder Legendary (Slow) set but with 40/40 Shot Speed and 40/40 Pass Speed. I was playing 20/20 Sprint Speed but changed to 50/50 and it was better imo.
Old 10-07-2023, 03:42 PM   #407
Rookie

Hi, Matt. It’s not so much dribbling that’s the issue now. On 20/20 Sprint Speed, when I play a through ball into open space, my player on the receiving end just runs into the open space and the CPU don’t try to close down the open space and cut me off. They just jockey.

However, on 50/50, when I attempt the same through balls, they close down the space and force me to the touch line or to make a pass.
Old 10-07-2023, 03:42 PM   #408
Rookie

Those who have problems, please help a little bit more than just teliing what the problem is..

Like are you using older gen consoles, FUMA or assisted settings, analog sprint etc what kinda dribble.
Helps alot of those who wants to test the problem you guys have.

Last edited by hapa90; 10-07-2023 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Typos

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »