Old 05-07-2020, 12:29 AM   #41
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: State of DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I don't understand your logic here...

You think SDS believes people will pay MORE money for a half broken game than one that works correctly?
Have you played any sports game since these card collecting modes have been put in? Theyve all gotten incredibly more random/worse, this game most of all. Pitching used to work correctly/accurately. Well hit balls used to be hits. My fielders used to catch balls.

Last edited by mikeq672; 05-07-2020 at 12:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2020, 06:23 AM   #42
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Guys...this game has really good matchmaking. I'm comparing it to MUT which I believe has terrible MM. In MUT I would be on a high rank tier and often get matched up with a bad player in their playoffs. So basically I ruin everything they just worked for.

The ranked seasons MM on this game is ideal IMO. Are you going to have some games where you're completely outmatched? Sure. It took me 38 games to get to world series season 1 so the long climb to this place meant I played a lot of guys who probably never get to WS. Then you take into account not many people are even playing online because there is a good amount of content offline. So you probably end up playing more confident guys online who are decent.

I've noticed this in events. Like I'm rarely facing guys with bad RS records. Maybe 10% of the games I play are people with sub-.500 records. More often then not I'm playing really solid guys.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 06:37 AM   #43
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Guys...this game has really good matchmaking. I'm comparing it to MUT which I believe has terrible MM. In MUT I would be on a high rank tier and often get matched up with a bad player in their playoffs. So basically I ruin everything they just worked for.

The ranked seasons MM on this game is ideal IMO. Are you going to have some games where you're completely outmatched? Sure. It took me 38 games to get to world series season 1 so the long climb to this place meant I played a lot of guys who probably never get to WS. Then you take into account not many people are even playing online because there is a good amount of content offline. So you probably end up playing more confident guys online who are decent.

I've noticed this in events. Like I'm rarely facing guys with bad RS records. Maybe 10% of the games I play are people with sub-.500 records. More often then not I'm playing really solid guys.
I think this is one of the issues when the community has issues with the game in trying to find the sweet spot.

I don't compare it solely to other sports games I compare it to video games, period. There's no reason to really compare it to Madden directly because EA sucks and it's not surprising to hear they do something terribly.

But when you look at online comp games there's so many things this game could do better similar to them that it's disheartening to see how bland it is.

Like I said, I think if they just had a playlist for difficulties it would work better but I could also be very wrong.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I think this is one of the issues when the community has issues with the game in trying to find the sweet spot.

I don't compare it solely to other sports games I compare it to video games, period. There's no reason to really compare it to Madden directly because EA sucks and it's not surprising to hear they do something terribly.

But when you look at online comp games there's so many things this game could do better similar to them that it's disheartening to see how bland it is.

Like I said, I think if they just had a playlist for difficulties it would work better but I could also be very wrong.
I know very little, but I do know if you give most online players a choice on difficulty to play, they will sandbag you win as opposed to challenge themselves and lose.....that you can bank on
Old 05-07-2020, 10:18 AM   #45
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic141414
I know very little, but I do know if you give most online players a choice on difficulty to play, they will sandbag you win as opposed to challenge themselves and lose.....that you can bank on
Maybe. I mean even in overwatch top players used alt accounts to play in gold. But I feel like there would be a higher percentage of happier players this way. I can guarantee some of the Show creators would do videos where they play in lower difficulties to smash people. Every game is like that. But I don't think we necessarily have to go so extreme in the opposite direction.

Make us do placement games. We do them and get a true skill ranking. If you're going to play the game seriously you would have to try and win those games. That way when you play on your difficulty you'll get matched with similar players.

For people that aren't as skilled, at least they would be able to play with similar players. A system like this would minimize the ease with which trolls could get into lower levels.

I just think there's a lot of room for improvement here. The generic dwelling on lower difficulties thing makes me not want to play RS. If they just maximized our time in the game I think it would be better for everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #46
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

If Cox's lower division games were on lower difficulty, then better players wouldn't want to play in them as the skill gap is much smaller at the lower difficulty levels, as the PCI is huge and the pitch speed is slow. Better players wouldn't want to drop below AS at the very least, probably wanting to play at least HoF if they genuinely were any good, otherwise their skill would be negated anyway
Old 05-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #47
Pro

I would really love to see them find a way to distinguish between dashboarding and legitimate loss of connections or mitigating the problems dashboarding causes for the player it happens against (loss of stats, etc). One way they might be able to avoid this is making friendly quits count, so that people have more incentive to accept them. (As is a friendly quit offer after runs are on the board is a major dick move.)

Quitting or dashboarding should have more serious consequences if you're doing it a competitive game. It's a massive problem with this game's community.

Qutting/dashboarding an event or BR game should immediately end your entry. A certain number of quits/dashboards and you are banned from entering for the rest of that event/BR cycle.

Quitting/dashboarding could also drop you down a full rewards level in RS every time, with a similar stipulation that a certain number of quits/dashboards locks you out of the remainder of the season (and puts you back in Spring Training for the next). A skilled player who deliberately drops down to feast on inferior competition might be less likely to do it if they're risking their future rewards.

Also, they need to make it so you can drop all the way to 0 if you keep losing. Being stuck in the regular season kind of sucks! If I can't hang I would rather fall back to the beginning levels to get myself back on track, rather than being a doormat for people on their way to higher levels of play.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #48
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones
I would really love to see them find a way to distinguish between dashboarding and legitimate loss of connections or mitigating the problems dashboarding causes for the player it happens against (loss of stats, etc). One way they might be able to avoid this is making friendly quits count, so that people have more incentive to accept them. (As is a friendly quit offer after runs are on the board is a major dick move.)

Quitting or dashboarding should have more serious consequences if you're doing it a competitive game. It's a massive problem with this game's community.

Qutting/dashboarding an event or BR game should immediately end your entry. A certain number of quits/dashboards and you are banned from entering for the rest of that event/BR cycle.

Quitting/dashboarding could also drop you down a full rewards level in RS every time, with a similar stipulation that a certain number of quits/dashboards locks you out of the remainder of the season (and puts you back in Spring Training for the next). A skilled player who deliberately drops down to feast on inferior competition might be less likely to do it if they're risking their future rewards.

Also, they need to make it so you can drop all the way to 0 if you keep losing. Being stuck in the regular season kind of sucks! If I can't hang I would rather fall back to the beginning levels to get myself back on track, rather than being a doormat for people on their way to higher levels of play.
THe problem they have always had with that, is that their servers have always been terrible, so it's tough to harshly punish players disconnecting. It's not really possible to differentiate between different ways of quiting/disconnecting either unfortunately (even if you managed to figure out dashboarding, people would instead just turn off the console, or yank out the internet/power etc)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »