Home

Old 05-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: State of DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
It’s hard to come up with a perfect system. I got matched against a guy that’s level 95 Diamond already. I don’t know how that’s possible even under quarantine lol.

I think it’s disappointing that every team including mine is all diamonds already. It’s only early May and I’m content with my team and have little incentive to improve it.
I'm at 39 diamond and haven't even played that much this week. If you play showdown a lot you just fly through the levels. We were well through halfway through the season before I got that high last year.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #34
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
its frustrating. the times i've tried the opponent has legendary diamonds stacked. i have mostly silvers and golds now. I also learned from watching some twitch videos those guys w/ all the diamonds freeze the matchmaking red bar to the lowest. I didnt even know you could do that. I wonder if that's a way to get opponents who have teams with bronze/silver rated players? if so that's a big flaw in matchmaking.
Just press the left thumbstick left when its searching and it will stop your bar. It just limits it to matching closer to your current rank doesn't match you up with far lower ranked players.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:12 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
its frustrating. the times i've tried the opponent has legendary diamonds stacked. i have mostly silvers and golds now. I also learned from watching some twitch videos those guys w/ all the diamonds freeze the matchmaking red bar to the lowest. I didnt even know you could do that. I wonder if that's a way to get opponents who have teams with bronze/silver rated players? if so that's a big flaw in matchmaking.

Matchmaking really should take XP into consideration. I've seen guys on Reddit and The Show Nation talk about intentionally dropping down into the lower levels in RS so they can annihilate casual/mediocre players. I suspect a lot of the high golds/diamond XPs you meet between 300-600 are doing that.

The current matchmaking system just doesn't address stuff like that. They need more leagues or more variables.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #36
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1

They all spammed hr derby lol. pretty lame.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #37
MVP

papadell's Arena

Matchmaking should be 100% based on skill level. We should be matched up with similar skilled players for the best experience. Like every other video game created in the last 20 years.

XP level shouldn't be anything more than a badge of honor for how long or how much someone played.

But until they give us multiple playlists we can queue in it won't matter. It's all part of the RS formula that forces people into it for all the reasons we've discussed before.

I still think it's bonkers in 2020 that a "competitive" game is using P2P with no queueable playlists with skill based matchmaking.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:36 PM   #38
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeosdistress
They all spammed hr derby lol. pretty lame.
I'm prestige 20 and haven't touched HR derby or retro mode once. It's actually not hard at all if this game is the only one you play and do so nightly.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #39
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Unfortunately I believe this game plays nearly identical to how they want it to play. For whatever reason, they think this game needs to be a glitchy broken mess to keep people funneling money into packs and stubs.
I don't understand your logic here...

You think SDS believes people will pay MORE money for a half broken game than one that works correctly?
Old 05-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I'm prestige 20 and haven't touched HR derby or retro mode once. It's actually not hard at all if this game is the only one you play and do so nightly.
Im about to be silver and bought the game, in April... And I'm not very good. Got alot of xp from collections and conquest

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »