Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #481
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I've seen tons of articles though lately about how MS and Game Pass is so much value and Sony is killing BC game stores on older systems, so it's definitely very bad optics and really just the latest Sony being tone deaf (raising prices, closing stores, this, etc) they just aren't the "ZOMG SONY LOVES THE GAMER" that fans claim for them to be over Xbox
Game Pass is easily the best value in gaming by a mile to me. EA Play was another favorite of mine and its now rolled up into Xbox Ultimate. Its outstanding value and it's honestly the reason why I haven't bought many games on the Xbox. Theres so much there. Sony hasn't been really ever been "gamer friendly" to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #482
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'll be surprised if The Show is only on Game Pass for 6 months like nba2k20 was.

If title sales are so important you don't put it on Game Pass at all, because several months later only a fraction of those players are still interested.

The Show isn't 2k or Madden, it doesn't do absurd numbers to begin with. A lot of the fleeting library rhetoric is just console war FUD.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I understand that. The Show 21 may stay on gamepass indefinitely. However long it does isn't relevant, IMO. I was just thinking it sets up the title going forward into this new console generation. Like you said, The Show isnt 2K or Madden. But by getting it into as many gamer hands as possible it very well may be up there eventually. Having a AAA baseball game available at the start of the season on Xbox Game Pass is huge and I can see the move paying dividends sooner than later.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #483
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I think the gamer base on the Sony side is already maximized. Sure, it sucks right now. But games come and go on gamepass. I'd imagine this is to grab Xbox gamers at no cost, have them see how good a game The Show is and have them purchase later this year once been it leaves gamepass. And it'll have Xbox gamers primed and ready going forward.

Yup... I was planing on buying the game. At this point I’ll rock it on gamepass and once it comes off I’ll buy it at a discount. And like you said I feel like this move allows more gamers to actually get to try this game for the first time and set it up to sell more in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Artman22; 04-05-2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #484
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I understand that. The Show 21 may stay on gamepass indefinitely. However long it does isn't relevant, IMO. I was just thinking it sets up the title going forward into this new console generation. Like you said, The Show isnt 2K or Madden. But by getting it into as many gamer hands as possible it very well may be up there eventually. Having a AAA baseball game available at the start of the season on Xbox Game Pass is huge and I can see the move paying dividends sooner than later.

Absolutely, a point I made on The Show forums on this topic is day 1 more people will have access to it than have EVER purchased it on the Playstation platform in the title's history. Doesn't mean that many will play it, naturally, but with more than 18 million Game Pass subs, the potential is huge for all the post-purchase transactions.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the in-game purchases on Xbox pass all the revenue generated by box + in-game purchases on Playstation, simply due to the volume of players in the Microsoft ecosystem. This is something we'll probably never know the answer to (and probably heavily influenced both the effort and the terms of it being on Game Pass), so I'm not really willing to speculate too far down that rabbit hole.

Last edited by mestevo; 04-05-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:45 PM   #485
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Absolutely, a point I made on The Show forums on this topic is day 1 more people will have access to it than have EVER purchased it on the Playstation platform in the title's history. Doesn't mean that many will play it, naturally, but with more than 18 million Game Pass subs, the potential is huge for all the post-purchase transactions.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the in-game purchases on Xbox pass all the revenue generated by box + in-game purchases on Playstation, simply due to the volume of players in the Microsoft ecosystem. This is something we'll probably never know the answer to (and probably heavily influenced both the effort and the terms of it being on Game Pass), so I'm not really willing to speculate too far down that rabbit hole.

You make a very good point end it’s what I’ve been saying. I honestly don’t see it being on gamepass a bad thing at all. It allows so many people to try it out that probably would’ve never tried it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2021, 10:27 PM   #486
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Man, talk about coming out of left field, I'm shocked, literarily shocked that The Show has another Publisher other than Sony, and is on Game Pass.

If you think about it, in this deal everyone wins. The Consumer has more platforms to choose from, Microsoft gets a quality sports game on Game Pass day 1, San Diego Studios should see an additional units sold, and MLB gets more exposure.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:51 AM   #487
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This is like if WWE would have ever invaded WCW or AEW invading WWE.

You would never even entertain thought because you never believe something like that could happen.

This whole thing is just surreal. But I think it's a good thing.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:43 AM   #488
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Rumors that Battlefield 6 coming to Game Pass too. https://in.ign.com/battlefield-2018/...h-release-date

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »