Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2021, 02:29 PM   #497
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
So I am a lifelong PS player, I went to the XBOX 360 for a year or so until there was no longer a MLB game (I think that's when MLB2k died). In any case, I have a PS5, but I'm definitely leaning towards getting a XSX for 2 primary reasons:

1. Something new - Forza, GOW, Halo - I loved GOW when I did have a 360, so I would like to try these again.

2. Game Pass, it's not even really about the money, it's the luxury of being able to try some games out that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. MLBTS being on it day 1, even if it doesn't remain on it the full year, instantly saves me probably $50 (it will probably be down to $25 or so once it does come off), same applies to the MS series games.

Far as PS exclusives, I liked Last of US 1, not so much 2, GT Sport feel sterile to me at this point. The only one I've really enjoyed is Miles Morales, and I'll probably be through it soon. So, I'm going to try and score a XSX and see if I like the overall GUI/Game Pass interaction then sell my PS5 (and no- I don't game enough to have 2 consoles), any thoughts? Anyone with similar approach?

I own both but after ending Mile Morales I barely touch my PS5. I mainly only play my XSX and like you I prefer forza over GT anyway. I do like some of PlayStation’s exclusives but I mainly bought a PS for mlb the show. Im thinking about selling my ps5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2021, 06:40 PM   #498
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
So I am a lifelong PS player, I went to the XBOX 360 for a year or so until there was no longer a MLB game (I think that's when MLB2k died). In any case, I have a PS5, but I'm definitely leaning towards getting a XSX for 2 primary reasons:

1. Something new - Forza, GOW, Halo - I loved GOW when I did have a 360, so I would like to try these again.

2. Game Pass, it's not even really about the money, it's the luxury of being able to try some games out that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. MLBTS being on it day 1, even if it doesn't remain on it the full year, instantly saves me probably $50 (it will probably be down to $25 or so once it does come off), same applies to the MS series games.

Far as PS exclusives, I liked Last of US 1, not so much 2, GT Sport feel sterile to me at this point. The only one I've really enjoyed is Miles Morales, and I'll probably be through it soon. So, I'm going to try and score a XSX and see if I like the overall GUI/Game Pass interaction then sell my PS5 (and no- I don't game enough to have 2 consoles), any thoughts? Anyone with similar approach?
I love game pass for giving me tons of games I wouldn't buy otherwise

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #499
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

I have a series S and use it to play Xbox exclusives. I use my PS5 as my main console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 04-07-2021, 10:38 PM   #500
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I have a series S and use it to play Xbox exclusives. I use my PS5 as my main console.

I also just picked up an S. Should be here on Friday for me. I already own a PS5 which I have hooked up to my 4k TV in my family room. I also have a RTX 3080 gaming PC hooked up to my 1440p LG monitor. I wanted to get another console for my office where I have my 1440p monitor so I went with the Series S which, for my use on my 1440p monitor, is perfect. I figured a XSX would be overkill for me since all I need is 1440p and I wanted something to play the Show on. I can now play the Show on my monitor if my PS5 is being used by my wife and kids.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-08-2021, 10:19 PM   #501
Pro

OVR: 4

Scored a XSX off Walmart re-stock today, just sheer luck, saw Wario64 or whoever on Twitter post, took a couple of tries and got one - it will be here Saturday. Pretty excited to try something new, always like the Xbox Controller too.

What's the best deal to get Gamepass to try it out - I'm guessing the $1 deal and then extend it long term? Basically I want to try it to make sure I want to get rid of my PS5, then go from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2021, 10:29 PM   #502
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Scored a XSX off Walmart re-stock today, just sheer luck, saw Wario64 or whoever on Twitter post, took a couple of tries and got one - it will be here Saturday. Pretty excited to try something new, always like the Xbox Controller too.

What's the best deal to get Gamepass to try it out - I'm guessing the $1 deal and then extend it long term? Basically I want to try it to make sure I want to get rid of my PS5, then go from there.

Buy 3 years of Xbox live gold then convert it to gamepass. If you have a Costco card they sell live gold cheaper online

This is the guide I used

1.⁠Buy three years (36 months) of Xbox Live Gold and add it into your account. The 12 month cards are a bit cheaper at Costco if you have a membership

2.⁠Turn OFF auto-renewal; ie., do NOT accept the free 1 month of XBL when adding it into your account

3.⁠Go to This link and upgrade your Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. It'll convert all 36 months of XBL to GPU. You can only do a max of 36 months.

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/live/gold/upgrade

Last edited by dickey1331; 04-08-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:41 AM   #503
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Buy 3 years of Xbox live gold then convert it to gamepass. If you have a Costco card they sell live gold cheaper online

This is the guide I used

1.⁠Buy three years (36 months) of Xbox Live Gold and add it into your account. The 12 month cards are a bit cheaper at Costco if you have a membership

2.⁠Turn OFF auto-renewal; ie., do NOT accept the free 1 month of XBL when adding it into your account

3.⁠Go to This link and upgrade your Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate for $1. It'll convert all 36 months of XBL to GPU. You can only do a max of 36 months.

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/live/gold/upgrade

Can you do a year initially, then say a week later stack 2 more years? Just want to get it, make sure I like it, sell my PS5 then extend it.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2021, 09:19 AM   #504
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

Quote:
Can you do a year initially, then say a week later stack 2 more years? Just want to get it, make sure I like it, sell my PS5 then extend it.

Thanks!

I honestly don’t know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »