Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2022, 11:23 AM   #881
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quite an infographic

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 11:26 AM   #882
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Family plan expected soon, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...ss-family-plan
I hope it's not crazy expensive, but given that streaming is more prevalent and I'd like to get my son (and daughters as they get older) an xbox then it'll be harder to survive like we have with the "home xbox" trick. this is perfect though, really awesome option.

Hoping to hear about April GP games soon
Old 04-17-2022, 07:35 PM   #883
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I just bought an open box Series S on eBay for my "man cave" which is just a modified version of my small bedroom. I have the X in the living room with my LG C1, but wanted to be able to play up in my room where I spend about half my time. I guess I didn't need it, but hey, why not, right?

I got a pretty good deal I think. It was $240 shipped, and from a seller with over 1000 feedbacks and 100% positive. He said it was never used and works like new. So hopefully that's the case.

Sometimes I just wanna chill in my room and and lay back in my nice office chair to play. I usually lay on the couch and play in my living room. I have a 50'' Hisense U8G in my room, which is actually pretty good. It has nice local dimming and the blacks look almost as good as my OLED. It's only 60hz, but with the Series S and it basically being my second TV, I think it's fine. I will be able to play in 1440p so it should look good.

Has anyone else done something similar?
Old 04-18-2022, 11:10 AM   #884
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I just bought an open box Series S on eBay for my "man cave" which is just a modified version of my small bedroom. I have the X in the living room with my LG C1, but wanted to be able to play up in my room where I spend about half my time. I guess I didn't need it, but hey, why not, right?

I got a pretty good deal I think. It was $240 shipped, and from a seller with over 1000 feedbacks and 100% positive. He said it was never used and works like new. So hopefully that's the case.

Sometimes I just wanna chill in my room and and lay back in my nice office chair to play. I usually lay on the couch and play in my living room. I have a 50'' Hisense U8G in my room, which is actually pretty good. It has nice local dimming and the blacks look almost as good as my OLED. It's only 60hz, but with the Series S and it basically being my second TV, I think it's fine. I will be able to play in 1440p so it should look good.

Has anyone else done something similar?
I'm moving to Cinci this summer and will have more TVs to add...thinking about getting another X or S, probably S would work because they could also work as xCloud streamers well. I think it's a great option to keep on the current gen.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:33 PM   #885
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I'm moving to Cinci this summer and will have more TVs to add...thinking about getting another X or S, probably S would work because they could also work as xCloud streamers well. I think it's a great option to keep on the current gen.

Welcome to the Nati!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2022, 02:35 AM   #886
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

My Series S messed up and wouldn’t show picture on the television, tried it on multiple televisions. Sent it back to Microsoft, got it back and now it freezes any time I try to play ANY game except for MLB 22. So I’m giving it to a buddy to try and fix tomorrow and now I’ve got a new Series X en route, should be here in two days. Microsoft, 1; Allen, 0. 🤦🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
Old 04-20-2022, 11:28 AM   #887
Go Wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
My Series S messed up and wouldn’t show picture on the television, tried it on multiple televisions. Sent it back to Microsoft, got it back and now it freezes any time I try to play ANY game except for MLB 22. So I’m giving it to a buddy to try and fix tomorrow and now I’ve got a new Series X en route, should be here in two days. Microsoft, 1; Allen, 0. 🤦🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
Simple fix, just play MLB 22 lol
Old 04-20-2022, 10:44 PM   #888
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Ok, so a couple questions about the Series S.

I can force 1440p on my TV, but then it says HDR won't work. If I leave it on 4K it has no issue with that.

I know it can't do native 4K, so I figured 1440p HDR at 60hz would be fine. But seems like I can't do that unless I'm not doing something right.

So if in fact I can't run 1440p with HDR then should I just leave it set to 4K with HDR and let it do it's upscale thing?

I would rather be able to use HDR than not, because when I calibrated it, it did look a lot better.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-20-2022 at 10:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »