Home

Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

This is a discussion on Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I quasi collect. I have collected by keeping all my systems and games over the years. Which kills me about downloading games, I love the convenience but hate that I won't be able to look back and hold the game like, Astrosmash for Intellivision, and say, man, this was a great game! Different topic different thread.

For systems I have:
Intellivision
Intellivision II
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Nintendo
Master System Adapter for Genesis to play
Super Nintendo
Genesis
N64
PS1
GameCube
PS2
Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Tons and tons of games with too. Before I moved I used to have them all hooked up with switchers to play on the tv. Also had a coax adapter to hook up INtellivision I and II and Atari. But never hooked them back up.

This thread just got me thinking I'm going to do that and maybe start picking up a collectible game a month or so to add.
The 7800 was the first console I owned, followed by the NES, which I still have. I've been tempted to get another 7800 just to have it, but they are a bit pricey.

NES
Sega Genesis
PS One
PS2
PS3
PS4
Xbox 360
DS Lite
DSi
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy
3DS XL
PSP
PS Vita
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-27-2015, 09:43 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Consoles I have had:
Atari 2600 (was my dad's then he gave it to me).
N64
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
PS1
PS2
Gamecube
DS
3DS
PS3
PSP
X1

Last edited by redsox4evur; 09-28-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Forgot the illustrious GameCube...
Old 09-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 27

I don't really collect, but I don't get rid of systems either.

I have:

Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Sega Game Gear
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Wii
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #12
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I would love to find a Genesis. That was probably the first system that I was actively involved with as far as buying/renting games. We had a NES and I still remember the day Dad brought it home after work one random day, but the Genesis is when I started becoming obsessed.

I've had every PlayStation and Xbox (sans XBone) and unfortunately am limited to the Classics on the PSN to get my PS1 and PS2 fix. Recently I've been playing through the Metal Gear Solid series.

Ashleigh still has her N64 and SNES, though. Last Thanksgiving we busted out some GoldenEye, Mario Kart, and Tony Hawk.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:40 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Here is the Intellivision info, the controller looked like a telephone keypad and every game had an overlay that slid in. This is Astrosmash.

Atari also had a 5200. 2600 was the first and the 7800 was 8 bit like Nintendo but no where near the specs Nes had. I don't know anyone that had the 5200.

I wish the kids these days had to go back and play our old crap. But, it was amazing at the time!

Atari 2600 I have, not wooden front
Spoiler

Atari 2600, wooden front, don't have......yet
Spoiler

Atari 5200, I do not have.........yet
Spoiler

Atari 7800
Spoiler

Intellivision
Spoiler

Intellivision II
Spoiler

Intellivision Astrosmash!! My favorite, along with Night Stalker
Spoiler

Night Stalker Intellivision
Spoiler

Atari 2600 my step dad has and I think the first video game I ever played was pong. The other 2 had never seen before. Those Intellivision system look really odd even more so the golden one. I don't ever get rid of old systems or games because I like to go back and play them from time to time even though I have a back lot of like 40 games lol. These are the consoles I have.

SNES
GAMECUBE
Wii
Wii u
PS4
PS3
Old 09-29-2015, 07:26 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I would love to find a Genesis. That was probably the first system that I was actively involved with as far as buying/renting games. We had a NES and I still remember the day Dad brought it home after work one random day, but the Genesis is when I started becoming obsessed.

I've had every PlayStation and Xbox (sans XBone) and unfortunately am limited to the Classics on the PSN to get my PS1 and PS2 fix. Recently I've been playing through the Metal Gear Solid series.

Ashleigh still has her N64 and SNES, though. Last Thanksgiving we busted out some GoldenEye, Mario Kart, and Tony Hawk.
I've got a Genesis at my parent's house. Pretty sure it still works. PM me if you're interested.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #15
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

I work at Goodwill. We've been getting a ton of older consoles lately that have been donated. Lots of SNES, NES, Genesis, even N64 and a couple of 360s. Got lucky on Saturday night and was able to score a Dreamcast with 4 controllers plus the fishing rod controller for $50 and it works! Still had Fire Pro D which I had imported years ago. Popped in the DCX then Firepro and it booted right up. Now just need some VMUs and a VGA box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #16
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNunez187
I work at Goodwill. We've been getting a ton of older consoles lately that have been donated. Lots of SNES, NES, Genesis, even N64 and a couple of 360s. Got lucky on Saturday night and was able to score a Dreamcast with 4 controllers plus the fishing rod controller for $50 and it works! Still had Fire Pro D which I had imported years ago. Popped in the DCX then Firepro and it booted right up. Now just need some VMUs and a VGA box.
I'll try to dig up the rules somewhere, assuming you are over 21, otherwise, I will not. But we had the best Drinkin' Fishin' game ever using the rod and Sega Marine Fishing. Oh man, it a trouble. And soooo much fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »