Home

Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

This is a discussion on Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-07-2022, 08:20 PM   #233
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Thanks DJ

We found some good stuff this trip. Rewarding given the fact the isolated showers/storms seemed to follow us on the 2 hour trip with blinding rain at times.

Scored some Genesis games, NES games, and PS1/PS2/PS3 games to fill out the collection. Found Atari games as well that I wanted.

One thing that I'm surprised at is how expensive used PS4's are going for. Standard PS4 is $350 while used Pro's are running $400. That's insane and highway robbery. Ridiculous!
That's wild on those PS4 prices, but likely b/c Sony stopped producing new models and I'm sure pre-owned have been snatched up as people still struggle to get a PS5.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #234
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
That's wild on those PS4 prices, but likely b/c Sony stopped producing new models and I'm sure pre-owned have been snatched up as people still struggle to get a PS5.
Oh its definitely do to supply and demand just sad that with all that's going on, the prices of used consoles are exceeding the price of new. I mean damn, a used PS4 pro is the same price as a new digital PS5 and just $100 less than a disc PS5. That's insane and ridiculous.

But anyways, the best money I spent yesterday may have been $5 on Happy Feet for the PS2. My son is obsessed with penguins right now and he has played this game all day today. $5 for a smile consistently on his face, and huge hug and love you Daddy....yeah easily the best $5 spent and the best find of the day.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-10-2022, 05:41 AM   #235
MVP

OVR: 11

I never made the jump to next-gen consoles, I'm perfectly happy playing the classics on PS3(phat version) & PS2(slim version). Recently I was having issues with both, but I found a place in lower Manhattan (on Wall St.) that repairs game systems, even the old ones like I have. They took care of me, now I'm back in business. Even found a retro gaming store on 6th Avenue & 39th St. that sells PS2 controllers. I'm in heaven now!

I never get tired of these classics;
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PSX), Tekken 5 (PS2), Hulk-Ultimate Destruction (PS2), NBA Street 1 & 2 (PS2), Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3), DOOM (PSX), GTA IV (PS3), Episodes from LC (PS3), GTA V (PS3) and of course all five PS2 GTAs (especially San Andreas). For the PS3 version of SA, Rockstar fixed the issues that made certain missions nearly impossible (like Zero's), but the atmospheric effects aren't as good as the PS2 version, and certain songs were removed.

I even have my old systems from the 80s, ColecoVision w/ the Atari 2600 Adapter, Driving Module(for Turbo) & Tracball(for Slither). I also have the Atari 7800. They're in a closet at my Dad's house. Haven't played them in ages, but I'm sure they'd still work.

Got my systems repaired here;
https://xcubicle.com

Last edited by Jeffx; 08-10-2022 at 05:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2023, 09:51 AM   #236
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Louisville Arcade Expo is next week.

Always a great time with typically some hidden treasures amongst the vendors. Only issue is that the vendors really mark up the prices for this event.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-02-2023, 01:30 PM   #237
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Picked up some good finds recently. Gamecube stuff is my favorite but I also like PS1 stuff or just old NBA stuff in general. Here's what I picked up recently

Gamecube:
007 Nightfire (My favorite multiplayer game ever. I already had a copy but it was somewhat defective and I've played the crap out of this new copy already. I've played it almost every night the past 2 weeks)
Super Monkey Ball (Always wanted to try it back in the day. Very challenging but addictive

N64:
NBA Courtside 2: Featuring Kobe Bryant
I've been looking FOREVER for this game. Every retro gaming shop I went to had multiple copies of the first iteration and I've had that game since I was like 8 but not 2 and I finally found 2 for $10.
I also found a Nintendo Power with Kobe Bryant on the cover as an ad for the first one. Looks great on display

PS1
NBA live 96 (I love the cover of this game and it's complete in the old school PS1 style box case and I think it looks great on display)
NBA In The Zone 98 (Already had the N64 version but the PS1 versio is better)
NCAA March Madness 2001
Old 03-28-2023, 10:47 AM   #238
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I was at the Lexington Comic Con this past week. Picked up two games for the PS1, NBA Fastbreak '98 and NBA Jam Tournament Edition. Gotta say NBA Jam T.E. on PS1 is pretty great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »