Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2023, 09:26 PM   #9217
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
There has also been talks about the Big 12 new commissioner wanting UConn because he's a "basketball guy" at heart and eventually have a separate TV deal after the current one ends. Yeah, that would make a great basketball conference. But, I wouldn't want to rely on college basketball as a driving force. Outside of March Madness, CBB isn't a driving force.

ACC's TV deal lasting until 2036 isn't helping. Florida State wants uneven TV revenue, but they aren't getting that. I can see why some schools like that might want to jump when they see schools like Rutgers and Vanderbilt making twice as much as them.

I do see Arizona going to Big 12 for the stability and exposure. Oregon and Washington are waiting for a phone call from Big 10 and most likely will be willing to take unequal shares to get there.
I still think the ACC gets worked out in some fashion. FSU posturing is one thing...but when UNC starts getting antsy or ND changes course, that's another. Until that happens, I think it'll just be alot of yelling.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-02-2023, 10:53 PM   #9218
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I still think the ACC gets worked out in some fashion. FSU posturing is one thing...but when UNC starts getting antsy or ND changes course, that's another. Until that happens, I think it'll just be alot of yelling.
FSU is done with the ACC, it's just a matter of when. Even unequal shares won't give FSU, Clemson, and UM close to what the SEC and B1G are getting. UNC and the rest of the old ACC are all fine staying put because they make tons of money from it. No one watches them and they are worthless.

Right now with unequal shares, FSU should be over $60 million and Clemson right there. That amount could be +$20 million behind with the upcoming TV deals.

Look at this, only 5 of the 14 teams are contributing to the ACC value, the other 9 teams are all blood sucking ticks that need to get burned off and die.

ACC distributed $36.1m per school on average in 2022.If based on viewership?1. FSU $61.6m2. CU $59.9m3. UM $39.6m4. UL $39.2m5. VT $37.3m6. SYR $34.2m7. GT $33m8. UVA $ 32.6m9. Pitt $32m10. NCSU $32m11. UNC $30.5m12. BC $29m13. WF $24.5m14. DU $19.8m https://t.co/mvKF71aY7U— not this guy again (@ricobert11) February 24, 2023

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Last edited by p_rushing; 08-02-2023 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 12:47 AM   #9219
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

Getting a larger piece of the pie doesn't guarantee competitiveness or even championships.

Texas had a bigger piece of Big XII revenue and their own network. All they've got to show for it is more buyouts than banners.
Old 08-03-2023, 01:52 AM   #9220
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

these expansions are endless and annoying, it'll be the same thing next year, and the next, who cares
Old 08-03-2023, 08:45 AM   #9221
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky

Yea I don’t see the point of all those comments if there was actually a move they can or will make any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2023, 09:32 AM   #9222
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

The narrative that Big 10 doesn't want to seem predatory and deliver the final blow to Pac-12 and them wanting Big 12 to take the remaining 4 Corner Schools first needs to stop lol. Now they care about their Image. No one is going to think anything different if Big 10 takes their preferred Pac-12 Schools first or after Big 12. At least, the Big 12 is being up front about taking Pac-12 Schools lol. Pac-12 issues were that they were being arrogant and misjudged their market. If they had issues with the access to Pac-12 network, what makes them think that they would do well with primarily streaming. The Big 12 was content on being #3 and the deal that was on the table.

I just started getting back into College Football last year and want to continue. It does suck from a traditional standpoint seeing all this realignment and most of it being about Money. This isn't about the players or fans. It will be weird seeing USC playing teams Iike Rutgers and Maryland regularly compared to teams like Oregon State and Washington State. But, it is what it is. Have to adjust to the new CFB landscape
Old 08-03-2023, 10:57 AM   #9223
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Getting a larger piece of the pie doesn't guarantee competitiveness or even championships.

Texas had a bigger piece of Big XII revenue and their own network. All they've got to show for it is more buyouts than banners.
Who cares about competitiveness when you are at a minimum $30 million per year behind the other top schools? You have no chance to be competitive.

Yes Texas and even FSU have been down recently but they still have more people watching and bring in more revenue than other schools in their conferences. FSU would be #3 in non-TV revenue in either the SEC or B1G.

The issue is teams like Duke, BC, and Wake don't have anyone watching on TV, don't spend money to get better and increase value, and just suck all the free money up from the other teams. It's time they either give their shares up to FSU and Clemson or they dind themselves without a conference and TV partner when the ACC folds.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2023, 01:21 PM   #9224
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Who cares about competitiveness when you are at a minimum $30 million per year behind the other top schools? You have no chance to be competitive.

Yes Texas and even FSU have been down recently but they still have more people watching and bring in more revenue than other schools in their conferences. FSU would be #3 in non-TV revenue in either the SEC or B1G.

The issue is teams like Duke, BC, and Wake don't have anyone watching on TV, don't spend money to get better and increase value, and just suck all the free money up from the other teams. It's time they either give their shares up to FSU and Clemson or they dind themselves without a conference and TV partner when the ACC folds.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Your point is proving his point. None of this is about competition, it's purely about getting the most $$.

Schools are profiting from athletes while several athletes still get barely anything from NIL. Let's also not forget about rising tuition costs while these schools continue to bank.

America at it's finest, people.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »