Home

2023-24 College Hoops Thread

This is a discussion on 2023-24 College Hoops Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2024, 10:16 PM   #505
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2023-24 College Hoops Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
I got a good laugh from Calipari managing to dodge the Calling of the Hogs at his press conference. I knew he wasn't going to do that crap lol.
It still feels weird that he is our coach lol, it will take some getting used to for sure.

Also good for UK if they land Drew, he is a legit program builder and again what he has done at Baylor is just incredible, they won just 36 games from 2003-2007.

The SEC is just getting started fellas in basketball, Texas and OU are coming in this Summer.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM   #506
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Hogs
When your AD has to come out and issue a statement that your coach will be here next year its a bad sign. We are in the same boat with our football coach Sam Pittman, Yurachek issued a statement on Twitter last year that he will be our coach this year despite going 4-8 last year.

This is what concerns me the most with Cal coming in, he has to be able to get the job done in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament. The expectations at UK and Arkansas are completely different but I also feel like our basketball team is trending up right now because of Muss, I would really like to continue that success.

Muss is not a good X's and O's coach either, at times his half court offense is hard to watch especially this year, although its been reported here that he was looking to leave for another job before the season started. Muss doesnt run set plays for some of his players sometimes they just stand around on offense and jack up a contested 2 or 3 point shot as the shot clock is expiring.
You and Arkansas fans are gonna love Calipari. He did a tremendous job at Kentucky his first 7 years. He just fell off after that. He'll have a fresh start and lower expectations. It won't surprise me a bit if he has Arkansas contending quite quickly.

He'll attract talent that Arkansas normally couldn't access before and he'll get the ball rolling. I have a feeling he's gonna be motivated. Just get ready for some mediocre play calling at times ,canned lines, and no zone defense lol.

As annoyed as I have been with Cal. He's still a game changer and has the ability to make any program relevant on his recruiting alone.

It's a slam dunk hire for Arkansas
Old 04-10-2024, 11:08 PM   #507
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

You just said the game passed him by the other day lol unless that was you just being a fan/emotional, which I understand.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:43 AM   #508
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
I have a feeling he's gonna be motivated
I feel this way too, the last 5 years have not ended well for him. I am hoping he can make some adjustments on how he coaches but im also nervous at the same time.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 04-11-2024, 01:03 AM   #509
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

As for Scott Drew and Kentucky.

Scott Drew was not in Lexington today. He was in Waco.

However, a plane (Registration #N72UK) owned by Joe Craft (a big UK donor) flew from KLEX to KTPL (airport outside Waco) twice in the last 24 hours. News media in Waco was there when the plane arrived back from Lexington. Scott Drew wasn't on the plane, but his family was on it.

It's Scott Drew's job if he wants it. Sounds like we may hear something on Thursday.

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 04-11-2024 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:16 AM   #510
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You just said the game passed him by the other day lol unless that was you just being a fan/emotional, which I understand.
The game has passed him by. His success predicated on 5 star monsters dominating the game. Talent over experience. And at that time he got the best of the best and it was something CBB had never seen before. But the game has changed and he hasn't changed enough with it. Not to mention it only resulted in 1 title. He should of had 3.

Experience wins out over talent. And with the immediate transfer portal. You are getting established college basketball players that are much better overall then AAU recruits. Cal has adjusted to that to a degree. We had transfers too but he's still trying to go heavy freshman lineups. It doesn't work anymore. And AD isn't walking through that door.

But a fresh motivated Cal going to an up and coming hungry program that just missed the tournament. He's gonna get them right. And he doesn't have to worry about F4 or bust there. He can use his model and get them SEC titles and he can get them tourney appearances. He can bring in immediate talent and success to Fayetteville. No question in my mind.

I thank Cal for bringing Kentucky back and those first 7 years. A title. 4 F4 appearances. Multiple sec titles. He did it all. There was nobody better. But he got that lifetime contract and lost his way. And it's just time to move on now because the last 5 years have been not close to UK's standard.

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 04-11-2024 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:04 AM   #511
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Drew says no. Now it gets dicey unless Mitch has a trick up his sleeve. Can't believe I'm saying this but Bruce Pearl may be an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2024, 11:22 AM   #512
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Looks like this is going to drag into next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »