Home

2023-24 College Hoops Thread

This is a discussion on 2023-24 College Hoops Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-08-2024, 05:08 PM   #489
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2023-24 College Hoops Thread

Better late than never.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:35 AM   #490
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Cal doesn't want that pressure going into next season. Fans are done with him. Who knows what Mitch said to him too. Cal has a big ego and he knows he can't live up to the standard here anymore.
When your AD has to come out and issue a statement that your coach will be here next year its a bad sign. We are in the same boat with our football coach Sam Pittman, Yurachek issued a statement on Twitter last year that he will be our coach this year despite going 4-8 last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
It does the last 5 years when you aren't getting past the second round. Worst thing ever happened was Mitch handing him that lifetime contract. Nobody can live up to that. And you naturally get lazy.

Cal forgot that nobody gives a damn if he has 8 picks go into the draft, if you aren't going to final fours and winning titles. That's what matters here. The game has passed Cal by but he definitely has the ability and resources to make Arkansas something special. He'll bring a show to Fayetteville.
This is what concerns me the most with Cal coming in, he has to be able to get the job done in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament. The expectations at UK and Arkansas are completely different but I also feel like our basketball team is trending up right now because of Muss, I would really like to continue that success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
See, I don't know. Musselman had lots of NBA players on his rosters, mostly from just developing them well as only his 2022 class was blue-chip heavy.

But regardless of the class going in, he put 7 players in the NBA draft (2 were lotto picks) in just 5 seasons, and will probably get 1-2 more drafted from Arkansas after his departure (if they don't transfer). I haven't checked undrafted Razorbacks, but maybe there's more to add to his resume of having NBA players.

Arkansas was never short on talent w/ Musselman, that's something that's been known. So I'm not really sure if Cal can really put them over the top. Yeah, he'll get the recruits, but can he coach better than Musselman? I've honestly never paid much attention to Cal's X's & O's, but there's definitely been struggles the past handful of years, despite having the talent. Like you and others have said, it seems to have passed him by.
Muss is not a good X's and O's coach either, at times his half court offense is hard to watch especially this year, although its been reported here that he was looking to leave for another job before the season started. Muss doesnt run set plays for some of his players sometimes they just stand around on offense and jack up a contested 2 or 3 point shot as the shot clock is expiring.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 04-09-2024, 02:04 AM   #491
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Pitino would be hilarious lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 07:39 AM   #492
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Nate Oats has apparently turned down Kentucky as has Jay Wright. I wonder if Shaka Smart gets another shot at a big school…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-09-2024, 09:02 AM   #493
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

As of 9pm last night, Calipari still hasn’t informed Kentucky that he has resigned. Not sure what the hold up is.

Which is also why the University hasn’t officially offered anyone anything.

The first calls are going to Dan Hurley, Billy Donovan, and Scott Drew.

Edit: He STILL hasn’t informed Kentucky he is resigning.

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 04-09-2024 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2024, 01:36 PM   #494
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Nate Oats has apparently turned down Kentucky as has Jay Wright. I wonder if Shaka Smart gets another shot at a big school…

For his sake, I hope he stays where he’s at.
Old 04-09-2024, 02:28 PM   #495
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
As of 9pm last night, Calipari still hasn’t informed Kentucky that he has resigned. Not sure what the hold up is.

Which is also why the University hasn’t officially offered anyone anything.

The first calls are going to Dan Hurley, Billy Donovan, and Scott Drew.

Edit: He STILL hasn’t informed Kentucky he is resigning.
Well it's official now. Mitch and Cal have confirmed it. Let's see who we end up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 02:31 PM   #496
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever

Shaka is solid but not interested. I'm starting to feel like Scott Drew is the only viable choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »