Home

Old 03-11-2024, 06:16 PM   #6281
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Is the Tyson fight gonna be an exhibition or a pro fight? If it's a pro fight that counts it's gonna be a bit weird being that it'll count on Tyson's record and seeing him lose to Jake Paul will feel wrong. If it's an exhibition ehh we don't care.
I found out today its an exhibition. So yeah, I don't give a damn either way. Its going to be a televised light sparring session is all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM   #6282
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

At least it won't be that joke of NDO Champ vs Roy Jones Jr which was not even a fight at all.
Old 03-13-2024, 01:55 PM   #6283
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I found out today its an exhibition. So yeah, I don't give a damn either way. Its going to be a televised light sparring session is all
good! I don't want to see Tyson hurt! People are so wrapped up in Tyson's history (mostly casuals but some hardcore boxing peeps too!) that they think he would kills Jake Paul. What they don't realize is that Tyson is washed a long time ago as a pro athlete. Remember McBride, Remember his fight With RJJ - JP is in his 20s and is at least decent and coordinated. IN a full boxing match he would KO Mike, hate to say it but it's true. Tyson would be gassed after 2 rounds. Remember too that RJJ has a glass jaw and Tyson couldn't put him away.

60 year olds don't belong in the ring with 20 year olds lol ... I actually have a friend who knows nothing about boxing wants to bet me money that Tyson KO's JP!
Old 03-13-2024, 08:51 PM   #6284
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
good! I don't want to see Tyson hurt! People are so wrapped up in Tyson's history (mostly casuals but some hardcore boxing peeps too!) that they think he would kills Jake Paul. What they don't realize is that Tyson is washed a long time ago as a pro athlete. Remember McBride, Remember his fight With RJJ - JP is in his 20s and is at least decent and coordinated. IN a full boxing match he would KO Mike, hate to say it but it's true. Tyson would be gassed after 2 rounds. Remember too that RJJ has a glass jaw and Tyson couldn't put him away.

60 year olds don't belong in the ring with 20 year olds lol ... I actually have a friend who knows nothing about boxing wants to bet me money that Tyson KO's JP!
Spot on. The boxing sub-reddit, youtube and facebook comments are filled with people saying Tyson will murder Paul. They are severely underestimating the impact getting old has. That surprises me tbh, I figured more people would have enough sense to know that a 60 yr old won't be dominating any 24 year old professional athlete.

But also, Tyson didn't even look good in the second half of his career. Its like they are expecting to see a 58 year old version of 1989 Tyson instead of a 58 year old version of 2005 Tyson.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:59 AM   #6285
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

https://x.com/MikeTyson/status/1768038383044231500?s=20

I saw an earlier vid from Mike where he's hawking T-shirts, too.
This whole thing is a grift. These two will have a light spar, make millions selling their merch and everyone will be disappointed.
At least they had the common courtesy to make it free on Netflix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2024, 09:16 AM   #6286
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Spot on. The boxing sub-reddit, youtube and facebook comments are filled with people saying Tyson will murder Paul. They are severely underestimating the impact getting old has. That surprises me tbh, I figured more people would have enough sense to know that a 60 yr old won't be dominating any 24 year old professional athlete.

But also, Tyson didn't even look good in the second half of his career. Its like they are expecting to see a 58 year old version of 1989 Tyson instead of a 58 year old version of 2005 Tyson.

Is Jake Paul really a professional athlete though gg? I’ll be honest and say I legit never heard of him before these exhibition fights.

I do him massive credit though. As someone who’s boxed for 20years..I can seen his improvement and that’s commendable. He also helped to make a market for this kind of stuff that gets boxing heroes of mine like Tyson paid.

I feel you on the age part. Mike’s not your normal 60yr old but he’s still hella old and smokes a lot of weed. WD-40 on that Iron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2024, 01:59 PM   #6287
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Is Jake Paul really a professional athlete though gg? I’ll be honest and say I legit never heard of him before these exhibition fights.

I do him massive credit though. As someone who’s boxed for 20years..I can seen his improvement and that’s commendable. He also helped to make a market for this kind of stuff that gets boxing heroes of mine like Tyson paid.

I feel you on the age part. Mike’s not your normal 60yr old but he’s still hella old and smokes a lot of weed. WD-40 on that Iron

His brother Logan was a very good HS wrestler and football player. But I don't know if Jake did anything spectacular as an athlete prior to his foray in boxing.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:23 PM   #6288
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

He is, even if its a technicality as most if not all of his fights have been actual scored fights. Unless I'm wrong, this is his first fight that is an exhibition. Even at 60 Tyson would whoop your typical 24 yr old. But Jake is not a typical 24 year old. He's in peak physical condition and trains. I don't think he is anywhere close to a championship level pro boxer, but he is a pro-boxer. As much as we love him, Mike wasn't anywhere close to a championship caliber boxer last time we saw him professionally either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »