Home

Old 12-23-2023, 06:39 PM   #6257
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Great fight plan and wxcellent discipline exhibited by Parker against Wilder. He kept in his shell jabbed to the body and came forward in in a smart aggressive tactical way. Wilders legs are gone and like I have said for years his chin is gone. His right hand is still quick but his footwork balance and lack of skills negate it.
Old 12-24-2023, 11:53 AM   #6258
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Yup. Wilder is done and I'm upset because AJ and Wilder should have fought years ago when both were much closer to their primes.

Watching the fight last night, everytime he loaded up with that right, Parker slipped inside so Wilder couldn't connect. He did this over and over and yet Wilder never adjusted.
And I know he is a thin dude, but last night he looked especially skinny. Just didn't look right or as healthy as he had during the Fury fights.

In other news, DAZN (Canada) lost itself $40 because they make you sign up for a subscription in order to buy their PPVs.
I was happy to see that Bell offered it at $39.99 so I gladly obliged.
It was also nice to see that DAZN's streaming issues still exist. No sound for three rounds and the HD quality is noticeably bad compared to all other HD streaming services.
It's the main reason I ended my subscription with them a while back.
Old 12-24-2023, 01:07 PM   #6259
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Yup. Wilder is done and I'm upset because AJ and Wilder should have fought years ago when both were much closer to their primes.

Watching the fight last night, everytime he loaded up with that right, Parker slipped inside so Wilder couldn't connect. He did this over and over and yet Wilder never adjusted.
And I know he is a thin dude, but last night he looked especially skinny. Just didn't look right or as healthy as he had during the Fury fights.

In other news, DAZN (Canada) lost itself $40 because they make you sign up for a subscription in order to buy their PPVs.
I was happy to see that Bell offered it at $39.99 so I gladly obliged.
It was also nice to see that DAZN's streaming issues still exist. No sound for three rounds and the HD quality is noticeably bad compared to all other HD streaming services.
It's the main reason I ended my subscription with them a while back.

His legs looked extra skinny yesterday, even more than before and it showed. He had no balance, especially after he was dazed in that middle round (can’t remember which one it was tbh). With no legs his power was drastically reduced too. It didn’t help that his corner was absolutely trash. He was down comfortably on all the scorecards going into the later rounds and his corner didn’t once tell him “yo…you need a knockout”. Instead he went out there with the same basic a** game plan.

At his age, you are who you are. All that pre-fight buildup with clips of him working off the jab and trying to box…naaa man. You need to do what got you here and make minor adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2023, 01:44 PM   #6260
Rookie

Kayla's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon7 Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Anthony Joshua looked really good during his win against Otto Wallin. Will we see Tyson Fury as his next opponent?
Old 12-29-2023, 04:38 PM   #6261
All Star

OVR: 13

Deontay Wilder was never really a legitimate boxer, he was a guy that had incredible power with his right hand. He literally had no other asset. In today's heavyweight division, that was good enough to basically be the second or third best heavyweight in the world (sadly).

Wilder should have been cashing in on big money fights left and right during his brief 'peak' period, and to his credit I suppose he did with the Tyson Fury trilogy, but not making a fight with AJ as soon as he could is now looking like an expensive mistake. There's no reason for AJ to fight Wilder now, and who would be interested if he did?

With essentially no major broadcast partner for the sport (ESPN has the odd card here and there but nothing on the level of HBO or Showtime championship boxing), I hope this is the wake up call boxing needed to start making some major changes. But I sincerely doubt it. It has always been a 'sport' run by thieves, scoundrels, and felons. Occasionally they were blessed with superstars that brought fleeting interest back to boxing, but it has not been long-lasting or particularly reproducible.

I have no idea where boxing goes from here, but for the time-being, I'm pretty much done with the sport. I am not going out of my way or spending extra money for the privilege of watching tune-up fights before being asked to pony up even more in PPV for fights that wouldn't have drawn a second look on HBO or Showtime at their peaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2024, 10:34 AM   #6262
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou - March 8th - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Haney vs Garcia suppose to happen in March too.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:56 AM   #6263
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Possible Tyson boxing exhibition against Emelianenko.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...cussion/273401

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2024, 02:37 PM   #6264
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Ryder Mungia tonight is a good one - let's see if Mugia is able to do better than cinnamon - I kind of doubt it though and feel like it's possible for Ryder to stop him! Either way should be fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »