Home

Old 04-05-2024, 12:25 PM   #6297
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla
Mike Tyson has said that his boxing match against Jake Paul would be an exhibition bout and not an official fight. The fight is scheduled to take place on 20th July. What do you guys think about this bout?
lol all that means is that it will be a gloried sparring session with alot of huggin and light punches to the body!! this fight is staged and rehearsed like wwe!! no way tyson was gonna cone back and risk a loss against a youtuber ber!! there is going to be alot of people mad after this fight!!
Old 04-10-2024, 10:21 PM   #6298
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla
Mike Tyson has said that his boxing match against Jake Paul would be an exhibition bout and not an official fight. The fight is scheduled to take place on 20th July. What do you guys think about this bout?
The rules for this "match" are a joke:
  • 16oz gloves (really?! give them pillows at this point)
  • 2-minute rounds
  • No official / sanctioned judges
  • No winner unless KO
Roy Jones Jr. claims the 16oz gloves and headgear are to protect Jake Paul and his brand. Is Tyson going to fight for real? Who knows, but if something clicks, Tyson could quickly return to the baddest man on the planet once he gets back in the ring. And with the rules requiring a KO for a win, Tyson may be more serious than Paul thinks because there is no way Paul puts fear into Tyson.
Old 04-19-2024, 01:21 PM   #6299
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Garcia missed weight by more than 3 lbs. It's going to cost him over $1M and it's no longer a title fight.
Totally unprofessional and it has me worried that his mental state is still erratic.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:25 PM   #6300
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Garcia missed weight by more than 3 lbs. It's going to cost him over $1M and it's no longer a title fight.
Totally unprofessional and it has me worried that his mental state is still erratic.
Based on the press conference yesterday, I think even Haney is worried about Garcia's mental health at this point. When Haney maid the comment about "this man is not normal, something is wrong with him", you could see it in Haney's demeanor that it wasn't trash talk but genuine concern.
Old 04-21-2024, 08:42 AM   #6301
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

I don't know how Garcia can brag about that win.
He missed weight, didn't have to drain himself, likely came in around 160 while his opponent looked weak from the weight cut and gave up 10lbs to his opponent.
Boxing sucks man.
This fight shouldn't have ever happened.
Garcia should have been forced to pay Haney's training camp costs as well as his purse.
How this stuff is allowed is beyond me.
There are weight classes for a reason.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2024, 09:22 AM   #6302
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I don't know how Garcia can brag about that win.
He missed weight, didn't have to drain himself, likely came in around 160 while his opponent looked weak from the weight cut and gave up 10lbs to his opponent.
Boxing sucks man.
This fight shouldn't have ever happened.
Garcia should have been forced to pay Haney's training camp costs as well as his purse.
How this stuff is allowed is beyond me.
There are weight classes for a reason.

I don’t get this. Why should he not be proud of that win? Haney looked every bit of 160.

Blame both camps for not agreeing to a rehydration clause. They both knew what they were doing.

To the actual fight…Haney did exactly what you don’t want to do to a big punching underdog, he let him get off in the first round and from there his likely game plan of working behind his jab and capitalizing on Garcia’s mistakes went into the trash. Credit to Garcia for dropping some big rights too which he said he was going to do in the fight buildup. Even in the loss, Haney showed some heart and ring savvy. His legs were gone and he was hurt early in some of the rounds and managed to make it to the decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2024, 01:23 PM   #6303
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I don’t get this. Why should he not be proud of that win? Haney looked every bit of 160.

Blame both camps for not agreeing to a rehydration clause. They both knew what they were doing.

To the actual fight…Haney did exactly what you don’t want to do to a big punching underdog, he let him get off in the first round and from there his likely game plan of working behind his jab and capitalizing on Garcia’s mistakes went into the trash. Credit to Garcia for dropping some big rights too which he said he was going to do in the fight buildup. Even in the loss, Haney showed some heart and ring savvy. His legs were gone and he was hurt early in some of the rounds and managed to make it to the decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because he didn't even try to make weight.
Haney looked drained making 140.
Garcia even laughed about failing weight saying, "why would I bother making weight? I'm trying to win".
He acknowledges that making weight would have hurt his chances, and for that reason this win is tainted.

We're not talking rehydration, we're talking actually making weight like a pro.
You're right though that Haney's team should have told him to pound salt for not making weight.
Take the $1.5M Garcia lost in a bet he would make weight and walk away.

Old 04-21-2024, 04:38 PM   #6304
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I guess Ryan won like 12mm betting on himself too.. with that said any shot he was trying to make his self look more crazy than usual with all that **** leading up to the fight to increase that payout?

Crazy he didn’t make weight. Seemed fine coming in 3lbs over and not caring about the belt, but definitely looked better in the fight. Not sure the result was even as close as the judges made it seem. Idk how a judge had them even, couple of the “slips” looked iffy too, he got docked a point without warning too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »