Home

WWE 2K24 Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 2K24 Impressions within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-05-2024, 09:29 AM   #9
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE 2K24 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
I only played one match last night before going to bed. Sammartino x Yokozuna. Two things I noticed right away, the game/movements are faster & fatigue seems to kick in quicker. Not positives IMVHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I saw that in the tutorial. Braun Strowman picking up someone 3 consecutive times had him going to the mat wincing in pain, lol.

I've only done the tutorial, I had issues getting all my add-ons working... but got it all good by midnight and had to be up at 5am, lol. Going to dive in today after work, and I am excited!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2024, 05:38 PM   #10
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
I saw that in the tutorial. Braun Strowman picking up someone 3 consecutive times had him going to the mat wincing in pain, lol.

I've only done the tutorial, I had issues getting all my add-ons working... but got it all good by midnight and had to be up at 5am, lol. Going to dive in today after work, and I am excited!

Same here. Got home about a half hour ago from work. Showered. Time to make dinner, eat, watch an episode of "Suits" and then clean up followed by time for WWE 2K24.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:17 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Same here. Got home about a half hour ago from work. Showered. Time to make dinner, eat, watch an episode of "Suits" and then clean up followed by time for WWE 2K24.

It's nice to have a new game to dig into, especially with some many things to tweak. To that end, I can't wait for Hyperballer to get his attributes posted.

I know I'll love this game, but I'd be lying if I said when I played it last night, it did anything to impress me more than '23 did for the last year.

I'm sure once I dig in and start playing more and other modes and matches, I'll see where all the time and effort went. (it certainly wasn't the graphics which boggles my mind. Playing '23 on my PS4 looked far more impressive than playing '24 on my new PS5 with new tv. I can't figure that out honestly.)

Anyway ....I look forward to enjoying more sim matches with the new camera control mode, THAT alone justified the $100 price tag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2024, 08:34 AM   #12
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
It's nice to have a new game to dig into, especially with some many things to tweak. To that end, I can't wait for Hyperballer to get his attributes posted.

I know I'll love this game, but I'd be lying if I said when I played it last night, it did anything to impress me more than '23 did for the last year.

I'm sure once I dig in and start playing more and other modes and matches, I'll see where all the time and effort went. (it certainly wasn't the graphics which boggles my mind. Playing '23 on my PS4 looked far more impressive than playing '24 on my new PS5 with new tv. I can't figure that out honestly.)

Anyway ....I look forward to enjoying more sim matches with the new camera control mode, THAT alone justified the $100 price tag.
I see some people saying that about the graphics and that just shocks me, lol.

PS5 and my nice LG TV, and this is by far the best WWE games graphics I have ever seen. The wrestlers are so detailed this year... and I also thought 23 looked good!

Old 03-06-2024, 09:09 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I see some people saying that about the graphics and that just shocks me, lol.

PS5 and my nice LG TV, and this is by far the best WWE games graphics I have ever seen. The wrestlers are so detailed this year... and I also thought 23 looked good!

Maybe it's just how the applied the lighting this year? If you look at side by sides you can easily see the lighting style is a bit different.

Almost like a different hue altogether.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:32 AM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Probably the best showcase they ever had. Even though I would have substituted some of the matches for others that they didn't have in the showcase, but I understand why they couldn't because those wrestlers work for AEW now.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:43 AM   #15
All Star

Bard's Arena

Way to early impressions.

I have played roughly 5 hours.

Gameplay is smooth. Like buttery, smooth. The movesets still aren't amazing so I am excited for people to get those going so I can download and assign them to the wrestlers. That'll make the gameplay even better!

Graphics wise, I said this in another thread, these are the best graphics to date for a WWE game. Everything just looks so well done. I love the lighting this year. I took a screenshot of Cody Rhodes and I can mistake it being a real life shot.

Casket matches and Ambulance matches are fun, but kind of hard! You really have to beat down the opponents to get them to stay down.

Blood is phenomenal. You can tell they took that from AEW game and made it better.

Create a Wrestler was very good! My wife and I sat down and played with it for about an hour, and my guy looks pretty dang close to what I do in real life! Can't wait to finish him up and play around with my CAW.

Haven't touched Universe, MyGM, MyRise, Showcase, or MyFaction (outside getting Sheamus). So much to do and see!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2024, 11:23 AM   #16
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Something I'd recommend for those who enjoy Universe Mode. Go to the load screen and select copy to make a backup. I played ahead to Survivor Series, which felt like a good launching point to the road to Wrestlemania. I noticed that deleting the men's WarGames match and trying to recreate it as the final match of the Survivor Series card wouldn't work for some reason.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but not all was lost with the auto saving, as it allowed me to redo it without starting from scratch.

Perhaps someone has a fix for the WarGames situation. Haven't gotten to playing that yet. Just wanted to set up the card, but selecting WarGames to create a match wouldn't allow me to make it a four-on-four match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »