Home

WWE Sold to Endeavor

This is a discussion on WWE Sold to Endeavor within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2023, 02:45 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Sold to Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
You still wonder what really went on behind the scenes, because at one point (in the 00s) it really did seem like Shane and Stephanie would take over for Vince. Then Shane flat out left all things WWE related for years. And obviously the stuff we've seen the past year or two where Stephanie left, but then was forced to come back, then left altogether after too.

Things really haven't been the same internally since Linda left. I know people blame her political stuff for why they went PG/declined, but I think her being the CEO really helped them a lot. Vince didn't have as much on his plate, but once Shane left and Linda left and Vince had to be CEO AND continue doing his regular stuff, that took its toll.
Very good question! Reportedly a few yrs back Shane had no interest in taking over. Also he once suggested to Vince that he buy UFC but Vince wasn't interested. I wondered if it was all the stress that comes with the job that turned him off. Or maybe Linda got bored and was ready to move on to something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 08:50 PM   #66

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Some interesting points Nick Khan made about the merger.

A possible "mega weekend" where UFC gets a PPV on Saturday and WWE gets a PLE that same Sunday in the same city. I prefer Saturday PLEs, and it would make sense since you have SD there Friday makes sense to keep the same setup for the PLE, then take down the WWE stuff for UFC on Sunday.

A different kind of supershow where one company has a weekend event overseas which means it airs in the afternoon, while the other company has a US based show airing in the evening.

It'll be interesting to see how they go about all this. Would it be wiser to do the "mega weekend" during the rumble, summerslam or Survivor Series since UFC would gain a big boost from that. Or do you do it more for a B or C level PLE where it could benefit both companies to boost smaller events.

I'd rather it be during a lesser show.

You have your big 5 PLEs running by themselves on Saturday (plus Sunday for 2 night WM). Maybe have 4 international PLEs (one or two could be on a Saturday afternoon overseas while UFC gets Saturday) and of your remaining 3 domestic PLEs, 1 could be the "mega weekend" show and another could be the "doubleheader" night.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:40 PM   #67

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibSuperstar
Very good question! Reportedly a few yrs back Shane had no interest in taking over. Also he once suggested to Vince that he buy UFC but Vince wasn't interested. I wondered if it was all the stress that comes with the job that turned him off. Or maybe Linda got bored and was ready to move on to something else.
The fact that Vince is still hanging around producing the show at this point proves Shane right for not wanting to take over. It's not like there's some alternate reality where Vince is out of the picture for past decade+ with Shane in control. I think he knew he was never going to be THE guy. Same way Triple H knows it.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:24 AM   #68

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
The fact that Vince is still hanging around producing the show at this point proves Shane right for not wanting to take over. It's not like there's some alternate reality where Vince is out of the picture for past decade+ with Shane in control. I think he knew he was never going to be THE guy. Same way Triple H knows it.
And also probably why Stephanie left too.

We know when it happened, but still interesting hearing Nick Khan even flat out say she left once she found out Vince would be returning.

I'm sure they all know they'll never truly have any shot of taking over until he dies, but then you see he'd rather sell before he dies than pass it on to them either.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:49 PM   #69

Majingir's Arena

Vince gonna come back full video game villain mode.

A goatee would definitely look better than that moustache. It's funny seeing him going through a "mid life crisis" when he's almost 80?

Last edited by Majingir; 09-13-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 05:11 PM   #70

Majingir's Arena

There's already "talk" of Endeavor being up for sale. It won't impact TKO, but their stock price has dropped about 30% since the merger.
Old 12-06-2023, 01:34 PM   #71

Majingir's Arena

No surprise I guess

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/statu...U5Lmxk2eQ&s=19
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2023, 02:06 PM   #72
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
As long as he's out of creative, I'm good. Let him do his busy work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »