Home

WWE Sold to Endeavor

This is a discussion on WWE Sold to Endeavor within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2023, 09:20 AM   #9

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: For Sale: WWE?!

The latest reports say that the SA group and Tony Khan would be the only willing buyers right now) to take the company public.

Which makes me wonder if there's a realistic scenario where WWE doesn't sell but just goes back private.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:42 AM   #10

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Would be hilarious if Tony Khan bought it.

I hope he doesn’t…but it would be hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those people who have made their entire personality loving one and hating the other would be in shambles.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:08 AM   #11
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Would be hilarious if Tony Khan bought it.

I hope he doesn’t…but it would be hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the irony in Tony Khan buying it would be hilarious given AEW's whole attitude was to be the alternative to WWE. Giving fans an alternative wrestling program to watch, but would buy WWE to put us in the same situation we were in back in 2001.

Only one major wrestling company with no alternative and fans would then be saying we need an alternative to AEW, they need competition, the same things they said about WWE for nearly two decades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2023, 10:53 AM   #12
MVP

If I was Khan, I would try to buy WWE, shut it down like Vince did WCW and AEW reigns supreme. Then, I get out of that crappy TV deal with Warner/Discovery because they're going to turn them into WWE which I don't want. I then use WWE's streaming service to launch my own (AEW) and boom, a new revolution of professional wrestling is born. Subscription based. $10 a month. All Dynamite, Rampage, PPV's and their NXT developmental equivalent. Hehehe.

AEW baby!! lol
Old 01-13-2023, 02:47 PM   #13
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
If I was Khan, I would try to buy WWE, shut it down like Vince did WCW and AEW reigns supreme. Then, I get out of that crappy TV deal with Warner/Discovery because they're going to turn them into WWE which I don't want. I then use WWE's streaming service to launch my own (AEW) and boom, a new revolution of professional wrestling is born. Subscription based. $10 a month. All Dynamite, Rampage, PPV's and their NXT developmental equivalent. Hehehe.

AEW baby!! lol
Imagine buying WWE just to shut it down for AEW to take over and pro wrestling to become even more irrelevant with people still referring to AEW as WWE when they reference wrestling because nobody cares about Tony Kahn or AEW.
Old 01-13-2023, 03:55 PM   #14

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I think the irony in Tony Khan buying it would be hilarious given AEW's whole attitude was to be the alternative to WWE. Giving fans an alternative wrestling program to watch, but would buy WWE to put us in the same situation we were in back in 2001.

Only one major wrestling company with no alternative and fans would then be saying we need an alternative to AEW, they need competition, the same things they said about WWE for nearly two decades.
Yes, it would absolutely suck if that happened. WWE isn't changing, regardless of who owns it. It's like McDonald's at this point.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:41 PM   #15
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

If the Khans bought it I wouldn't be surprised if they sell AEW and put the returns toward the big purchase tbh

Shad likes making money and AEW is a money pit, while WWE is a money printer

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2023, 10:48 AM   #16
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Fightful reached out to Disney and Comcast in regards to buying WWE. They responded anonymously and said the following:

"Both companies had employees who had clearly heard of the rumors, and said that it would be hard to believe that any major company would want to retain Vince McMahon’s services in any capacity if they could help it.”

Fightful added that “we’ve also been told by people of influence in the companies of at least two potential suitors that they believe there would be roles in WWE post-sale for Stephanie [McMahon] and Paul Levesque [Triple H] if they wished to continue.”

https://nodq.com/news/what-disney-an...vince-mcmahon/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »