Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Lmao. Dave needs to stop with the WWE.

Dom said he is not getting surgery.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Dom so hated people trying to get him off TV for 9 months with fake injury reports?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2009
Which I don't get.

The "PG era" hasn't really been that since the early 2010s.

Punks pipe bomb I felt started changing the era they were in, then 2016 with the new brand split and much diff women's division led to a new era, then pandemic era, then we really saw the new shift once HHH took over and Summerslam 2022 happened.

TV rating wise, it'll stay PG until they go to Netflix.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:11 PM   #21099
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Dom so hated people trying to get him off TV for 9 months with fake injury reports?Which I don't get.

The "PG era" hasn't really been that since the early 2010s.

Punks pipe bomb I felt started changing the era they were in, then 2016 with the new brand split and much diff women's division led to a new era, then pandemic era, then we really saw the new shift once HHH took over and Summerslam 2022 happened.

TV rating wise, it'll stay PG until they go to Netflix.
It's just junk for people to complain about the past era of WWE TV they disliked. Which especially shouldn't matter to a guy like Meltzer, since he's apparently never liked the WWE product (at least since the Hogan/Rock 'n' Wrestling Era).

Doesn't matter and it's so trivial being brought up by Meltzer or his lackeys. Wrestling on TV can be compelling with or without scantily clad women, bad language or copious amounts of blood.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 04-26-2024 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:43 PM   #21100

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
It's just junk for people to complain about the past era of WWE TV they disliked. Which especially shouldn't matter to a guy like Meltzer, since he's apparently never liked the WWE product (at least since the Hogan/Rock 'n' Wrestling Era).

Doesn't matter and it's so trivial being brought up by Meltzer or his lackeys. Wrestling on TV can be compelling with or without scantily clad women, bad language or copious amounts of blood.

And the thing is, the attitude era really wasn't THAT edgy (it was edgy for the time and compared to the "family entertainment" days of the 80s and 90s) when you take out any moment involving women.

Smackdown was PG I believe. Everything got censored on those taped shows. They'd literally show replays of Raw and promos got censored when it was ok to air on Raw.

And the amount of blood used during the attitude era wasn't even as bad as the amount of blood from ruthless Aggression era. Even the language used, I think the ruthless Aggression was edgier/more "out there" than the attitude era actually was.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:50 PM   #21101
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
And the thing is, the attitude era really wasn't THAT edgy (it was edgy for the time and compared to the "family entertainment" days of the 80s and 90s) when you take out any moment involving women.

Smackdown was PG I believe. Everything got censored on those taped shows. They'd literally show replays of Raw and promos got censored when it was ok to air on Raw.

And the amount of blood used during the attitude era wasn't even as bad as the amount of blood from ruthless Aggression era. Even the language used, I think the ruthless Aggression was edgier/more "out there" than the attitude era actually was.
People also forget the 'shift' in more family-friendly programming was a direct result of the Benoit family murders and the steroid scandal that came from it.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2024, 09:51 PM   #21102
All Star

OVR: 2

I hope people aren’t disappointed when nothing changes when they go to Netflix. They’re not overly vulgar or edgy because of the networks. They’re that way because at its core WWE is an all ages family entertainment company. They won’t risk that to bring back bra and panties matches or whatever dumb stuff from 98 we all thought was cool because we were horny 13 year old idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-26-2024, 10:28 PM   #21103

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
People also forget the 'shift' in more family-friendly programming was a direct result of the Benoit family murders and the steroid scandal that came from it.

That's true. And the decision to go in that direction is why they've lasted this long and been able to become this billion dollar company with huge TV deals. Whether the product suffered or not (it did) doesn't really matter. It did affect live audience energy tho. When you go from balls to the wall "holy ****" type content to a more tame product, dead crowds are gonna happen.

My problem was them continuing with things like the TLC PPV, when they knew they were never going to deliver what they used to. They went from TLC matches with guys going through like 20 tables, blood everywhere, to a "tables match" where a guy goes through a single table and the ref is frantically calling for the bell. As a fan you couldn't help but feel disappointed.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:43 PM   #21104

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
That's true. And the decision to go in that direction is why they've lasted this long and been able to become this billion dollar company with huge TV deals. Whether the product suffered or not (it did) doesn't really matter. It did affect live audience energy tho. When you go from balls to the wall "holy ****" type content to a more tame product, dead crowds are gonna happen.

My problem was them continuing with things like the TLC PPV, when they knew they were never going to deliver what they used to. They went from TLC matches with guys going through like 20 tables, blood everywhere, to a "tables match" where a guy goes through a single table and the ref is frantically calling for the bell. As a fan you couldn't help but feel disappointed.
And to top it off, we had tlc matches where it ended in pinfall!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »