Home

Old 09-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #13089
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Matt Hardy has completed his live event dates and has retired. I’m guessing he’s going to take a couple months or so off to be with his family and then start working backstage in production, which he was doing while still doing the house shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2018, 12:34 AM   #13090
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
So The Global Wrestling Network tweeted this out after WWE revealed a red cage for HIAC...

https://twitter.com/GWNapp/status/10...l-structure%2F

Right... because you can copyright a color?
I don't know, I think it's a pretty solid reference by them. It's not hilarious or anything, but it's maybe "heh" level. It's also not overly snarky and was posted early enough that they weren't way late on making the reference.

The replies to it though...geez, people are stupid.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:39 AM   #13091
MVP

Brother Love's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I don't know, I think it's a pretty solid reference by them. It's not hilarious or anything, but it's maybe "heh" level. It's also not overly snarky and was posted early enough that they weren't way late on making the reference.

The replies to it though...geez, people are stupid.

A big cage with a ceiling? Sounds familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #13092

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Matt Hardy has completed his live event dates and has retired. I’m guessing he’s going to take a couple months or so off to be with his family and then start working backstage in production, which he was doing while still doing the house shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Man, he should have been able to do so much more. Most of the original Broken stuff wasn't even about in-ring, but of course WWE put him on the road and put zero effort and creative energy behind that character. Cuz that's how they do.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:57 AM   #13093
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Man, he should have been able to do so much more. Most of the original Broken stuff wasn't even about in-ring, but of course WWE put him on the road and put zero effort and creative energy behind that character. Cuz that's how they do.
The Broken stuff was screwed from the beginning with the legal aspect - nobody wanted to see regular old Matt Hardy in 2017. Then when they can finally do it, yeah...90% of the whole thing that people liked from TNA was pre-taped crazy crap. They dropped the ball on that, no doubt.

Maybe he's had issues for a while and that contributed to them going half-assed on it. Not that they would've gone main event or anything, but bringing back an actual former WWE name that had a lot of buzz? And pairing him with Wyatt, who even with the dumb stuff had always been consistently on TV? Doesn't make sense to drop them off the way they did unless he's been dealing with things for a bit.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:17 AM   #13094

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

The replies to it though...geez, wrestling fans are stupid.
Agreed

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:58 AM   #13095
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

WWE could do things differently and they did when they were getting their assed kicked by WCW Monday nights. Vince and company made changes to a edgier product. They won the war and Vince went back to his comfort zone. WWE just got a huge new tv deal so as much as we complain about how boring the product is and it is people still watch every week, go the live shows etc.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #13096
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
So The Global Wrestling Network tweeted this out after WWE revealed a red cage for HIAC...

https://twitter.com/GWNapp/status/10...l-structure%2F

Right... because you can copyright a color?
This seems like the type of thing that would make Vince's head explode. Goddamnit why didn't anyone tell me another company used a red cage??? Tear it down and start over

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »