Home

Old 01-19-2013, 03:44 AM   #825
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: WWE Off-Topic

**** Game 6.

Anyways, back to WWE stuff.

I feel like WWE is going backwards with the quality of their documentaries lately. I watched the Attitude Era one tonight and while it was decent, it was an hour long. One single hour on the era that revolutionized the WWE.

After that I watched the latest Stone Cold Steve Austin doc. 2 and a half hours long, covers every detail of his career in-depth, it's absolutely fantastic.

I don't get it.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #826
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Austin is on the superstar spotlight on wwe.com today...we can only hope this means something when we know it most likely doesn't.

Random question though, back in the attitude era we had 2 guys that took the business to heights its never been before (so to speak) with austin and rock. What exactly is it about those two that made them so big? Were the writers back then much better? was it their personalities? Did people back then just not see anything like that before?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #827
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Austin is on the superstar spotlight on wwe.com today...we can only hope this means something when we know it most likely doesn't.
Considering Titus O'Neil was the other day and there's been random people there most of the time, I have a feeling it doesn't it.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #828
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
The Shield just feels like another stupid WWE storyline destined to have no endgame to tie everything together. Poor man's Nexus, which was a poor man's NWO. Sorry just have to let it out. 'Random' attacks for what, 2 months now? It's boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah, I really don't get where they're going with this. I'm okay with letting things develop slowly but this has been too slow. Any intrigue with them is fading fast and if they don't have some kind of surprise twist or story development planned for the Rumble/Punk vs Rock then this has been pretty worthless.
I've been outspoken and critical about The Shield, as well..

The random attacks were entertaining for the first few times, but with no motive behind them besides correcting "injustice", it's really pointless..

They need to find a way to bring that storyline to a head soon, before the casual fan starts to turn on it as well..
Old 01-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #829

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04

Random question though, back in the attitude era we had 2 guys that took the business to heights its never been before (so to speak) with austin and rock. What exactly is it about those two that made them so big? Were the writers back then much better? was it their personalities? Did people back then just not see anything like that before?
No two people have captivated audiences, as well as making themselves a perfect microcosm of American Life to that point. It was the best timing for both of them to do what they did.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #830
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #831
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
If anyone is a Jericho fan I recommend buying his book Undisputed. I'm just finishing it and it was really a great read, lot of Fozzy in it but still everything was interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #832
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

A few days ago I said Backlash 2000 biggest pop ever. I may have been overstating but it was still great; WWE just uploaded the ending.

Its funny that they edited out Linda.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 01-24-2013 at 10:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »