Home

Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #425

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
As will I. Even with what I feel is a barely presentable product, I've stayed a loyal fan... if they so much as allow her out of the stands, I will stop watching wrestling, all wrestling forever. Essentially 18 years of watching gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #426
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
As will I. Even with what I feel is a barely presentable product, I've stayed a loyal fan... if they so much as allow her out of the stands, I will stop watching wrestling, all wrestling forever. Essentially 18 years of watching gone.
But you guys didn't leave for a leprechaun that couldn't speak for years and won the Cruiserweight title?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #427
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
But you guys didn't leave for a leprechaun that couldn't speak for years and won the Cruiserweight title?
Or watching someone give birth to a hand?

Or a 60 year old when the RR and title?

David Arquette anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #428

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
He was from Wisconsin, and Vince has never cared about Cruisers, so I'm not going to pretend like I should take that belt seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Or watching someone give birth to a hand?

Or a 60 year old when the RR and title?

David Arquette anyone?
I was on hiatus during the hand birthing sequence, so I've no comment. I also wasn't a terribly huge fan of the attitude era, but at least Vinny winning the Royal Rumble had purpose. Also the Arquette title reign was not nearly as bad as the Russo reign. But if you were still watching wCw at that point, it was your own fault.

(Seriously though, look how bad wCw is from 98-death, its...... horrific to say the least.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #429
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

This is actually an interesting topic that I don't think we've ever addressed before. Not sure it deserves it's own thread, so I'll just propose it here:

If you've ever stopped watching, what caused it? And why are you back?

I stopped watching during Evolution's reign of terror. Came back because I saw Twitter ABSOLUTELY EXPLODE one night because they smelled what The Rock was cooking. One amazing 20 minute promo later, and here I am a year and a half later still loving it.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #430
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
This is actually an interesting topic that I don't think we've ever addressed before. Not sure it deserves it's own thread, so I'll just propose it here:

I stopped watching during Evolution's reign of terror. Came back because I saw Twitter ABSOLUTELY EXPLODE one night because they smelled what The Rock was cooking. One amazing 20 minute promo later, and here I am a year and a half later still loving it.
I stopped watching wrestling religiously in 2008 right after WrestleMania. I had slowly been getting disinterested in the product for some time. Everything was so stale and predictable in my opinion. I also got back into MLB baseball heavily in 2006, so that also took some of my interest in WWE away.

When I say religiously, I mean religiously. I never missed anything WWE aired. My early teenage years revolved around WWF/E. I literally have about 10 boxes filled with hundreds of VHS tapes of all the weekly shows I recorded every week from 1996 to 2008. Shotgun Saturday Night, RAW, SmackDown! Sunday Night Heat, ECW, Pay-Per-Views, any specials, wrestlers on talk shows. I was fanatical. After seeing every moment of the Attitude Era as it happened live, the current product just wasn't exciting to me anymore.

I am not saying I am no longer a wrestling fan. I am. Just not so much with the current product. I still occasionaly pop RAW on and such to see what is going on. Sometimes I will even watch a whole show, but it doesn't do much for me anymore. I ordered WrestleMania just to see the Undertaker/Triple H Hell in a Cell match. When Bret Hart returned a few years back, I did find myself watching every week to see what happened. If I know something interesting is going to be on or something, I do tune in to check it out. I guess I'm a victim of wanting to hang onto the past product.

Whenever I want a nostalgia kick though, I can always pop in a VHS tape of any show from those years which is always fun. I stil have a VCR hooked up to an old TV in my bedroom. I actually watched the 1997 King of the Ring sometime last year for a kick.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #431
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman

I don't know if there was one exact reason I stopped watching but mostly I think it was just a growing-out phase and that things were becoming too predictable to me and I just wasn't really enjoying the product. That was in about 2005 or 2006.

I came back for the same reason - The Rock's return. Stayed thanks to that one night CM Punk pipebombed what felt like the entire world and gave me that feeling I hadn't had about wrestling since....I don't even know. Probably since Randy Orton beat ***** ****** at Summerslam for the WHC (I was a huge Orton mark at the time -- not feeling that whole Apex Predator nonsense gimmick he has nowadays).

As of right now I've kind of fell out of the loop again. I just started losing interest because I wasn't really liking the direction a lot of things were going, among other issues like not pushing certain guys, the lack of wrestlers standing out from each other character-wise, no prestige in the belts, etc.

I still check in around here to see what's going on and if anything really interesting or intriguing happens, but that's about it right now. I'm sure I'll get roped back in when The Rock returns (again) and when the 'Mania hype train starts moving.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 10-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #432
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
He was from Wisconsin, and Vince has never cared about Cruisers, so I'm not going to pretend like I should take that belt seriously.

I was on hiatus during the hand birthing sequence, so I've no comment. I also wasn't a terribly huge fan of the attitude era, but at least Vinny winning the Royal Rumble had purpose. Also the Arquette title reign was not nearly as bad as the Russo reign. But if you were still watching wCw at that point, it was your own fault.

(Seriously though, look how bad wCw is from 98-death, its...... horrific to say the least.
...****sso Reign?

I stopped watching religiously in about 04/05. The Rock leaving and Eddie passing (favorite wrestlers) made me stop watching less and less. There wasn't a specific thing that brought me back. But it was when Nexus destroyed everything so it got me at a good time.

I also had a mini hiatus this year. I stopped watching after that BS they call Royal Rumble (favorite PPV), and didn't watch again until around WM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »