Home

WrestlingTalks

This is a discussion on WrestlingTalks within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
WrestlingTalks

Any surviving members from the old Wrestlingtalks.com boards? Hard to believe that the Warzone/Attitude era has been over for nearly a decade now. Surely there are some OS members out there who were active members on Lawson's old boards besides yours truly.

Anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
Rookie

gtrip10's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WrestlingTalks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Any surviving members from the old Wrestlingtalks.com boards? Hard to believe that the Warzone/Attitude era has been over for nearly a decade now. Surely there are some OS members out there who were active members on Lawson's old boards besides yours truly.

Anyone?
Wasn't an active member by any means, but I was lurking online there like every day, similar to my activity here. That place was like the first message board that I visited on a regular basis. It sucked when that board shut down. I still remember you as Ratt Daddee, simply because your musical discussions on those boards got me into liking Matchbox Twenty and Collective Soul. So kudos to you, and honestly I have no idea how I remembered all of that information.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

Never heard of WrestlingTalks. But I must ask, were you as negative then as you are now, BG?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9

I used to go there for a while. I remember I was completely obsessed with WWF Warzone when it came out for PSX (in..what, 1998?). The hype for the sequel of that game, Attitude, was unlike anything I've ever seen for a videogame. Kids were obsessed with the most trivial of minutae such as, "Does Goldust pat his *** three times at the 37 second mark of his entrance theme?"

Naturally, it turned out to be easily the most disappointing game I've played. Anybody remember "Jello", the producer for the game? Oh man, what a tard.
As for the board, it was pretty interesting as there were dozens of immature, puberty experiencing internet newbs at the board, myself included. I don't think I posted that much. My username might have been "SHAMROCK", can't remember for sure though. The one thread I remember most was where everybody argued whether the singer to HHH's theme music was saying "One's self" or "One-two". That was classic.

For the record, "one's self", bitches. :-o
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrip10
I still remember you as Ratt Daddee, simply because your musical discussions on those boards got me into liking Matchbox Twenty and Collective Soul. So kudos to you, and honestly I have no idea how I remembered all of that information.
My legacy continues then. Kidding, of course. It's weird that there are still people out there such as yourself -- who were, I will assume, almost obscure in the WT scheme of things -- that are still able to recall stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggidyJames
Never heard of WrestlingTalks. But I must ask, were you as negative then as you are now, BG?
Probably even more so than now. I was definitely a lot more into wrestling back then, so I was definitely a lot more critical of the product being put out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Anybody remember "Jello", the producer for the game? Oh man, what a tard.
Not only do I remember Jello, but I also recall that his real name was Jeff Robinson. Yeah, suck on that.

Quote:
As for the board, it was pretty interesting as there were dozens of immature, puberty experiencing internet newbs at the board, myself included. I don't think I posted that much. My username might have been "SHAMROCK", can't remember for sure though. The one thread I remember most was where everybody argued whether the singer to HHH's theme music was saying "One's self" or "One-two". That was classic.
Didn't even know that you were a WTer, GB. I always thought you jumped onboard the ship towards the later days with WrestlingForums and Uber. Guess you learn something new everyday. Anyways, classic thread you mentioned. If I remember correctly, it went on for weeks and had hundreds of replies. Then again, it was the ramblings of the likes of myself and Sakura which kept that thread going for as long as it did. Man, WT was such a trainwreck because of the actions of a select few, myself included.

Quote:
For the record, "one's self", bitches. :-o
You lie!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just happened to stumble onto this thread, and I registered just to pop in and say that I was once a member back then. I went by the username "Pearl Jam" and had some good times at that place. Like others, I'm pretty sure I was drawn there by the impending release of WWF Attitude. If I recall correctly, Ratt Daddee was one of the founding members of the "Attitude Haters Club," as there were so many people in denial about how crappy that game really was. The only other member that I recall there was Sakura, who Ratt had quite a history with, I believe.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, I went there back during my teenage years. Went by the name JB (my nickname at the time). I didn't post much (as you can tell from my post count here, not much has changed), so I probably am not remembered. I started going to Jake Lawson's WWF Warzone website, which eventually evolved and brought Wrestling Talks into the fold. I do remember Ratt, and his sig line during the Attitude days ("Attitude. Doesn't it suck?"). LOL Good times.
I stopped going in November 2000 when I found a sports forum (which used to be great), and I stopped watching wrestling in March of 2001, but I still check on it to see what the pulse is and to see if I want to watch it again (still haven't come back to it though). I do remember checking back on Wrestling Talks a while later and it had died.
I kind of got the impression that Jake didn't care so much for it towards the end. He didn't get exclusive information on the games anymore (like he did with Attitude), so I felt he just stopped caring about wrestling and its games. I could be wrong. It has been a while and I am remembering this through a teenager's eyes.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
Rookie

GeneralMike's Arena

OVR: 3

I used to post at WT, and some of the forums that sprung up after the demise, as Chris Benoit 101, CB 101, and a few other names.

I still follow wrestling. I always watch Raw, and I try to catch at least some of the other shows, but if I miss them it's not a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »