Home

WrestlingTalks

This is a discussion on WrestlingTalks within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: WrestlingTalks

Man hate to grave dig, but man this popped up on Google but this really is an astonishing post, if you ever were at WT.. WT was probably my first message board too and I went by RDB part 1 back then...

I remember once we got 56k internet at my house one of the very first things I wanted to know about was WWF Attitude and Madden 2001. So I frequented WrestlingTalks because that was the hub for that. I spent most of my time in the E-fed forum where I learned primitive Paint Shop Pro, upped to Photoshop and then eventually to what I do now as an adult (Graphic Design/Video Editing).. The thing I remember most from those days were people trading PSD's as if they were Babe Ruth baseballs.

When I think back on it, I really learned a lot from the people on that message board too, So yeah, kudos to WT... that was a king of kings website. Lot of good times to say the least.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 05-26-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
The Batman

soltrain's Arena

OVR: 16

I was a member there when I was like 13 or 14. I remember I splintered off with the group that formed their own group. I think the "leader" of that faction was JohnJohn2001 or something like that.

I remember RattDaddee though.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

lol @ BG saying "the attitude era's been over for nearly a decade now", back in 2006.

Attitude Era ended in 2001.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
lol @ BG saying "the attitude era's been over for nearly a decade now", back in 2006.

Attitude Era ended in 2001.
I noticed that too.

But if you listened to some of the guys here, they're still living in 2001.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Had to join the forum just to post. I was AssManWhoKicksEm. Good lord, we racked up a lot of discussions and posts that beast. I actually remember all of you. I also remember Sakura, CaviHits...and that's where my memory starts to fade. I'm sure some of us have even passed away since those days.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 7

I remember that forum..loved that place.

I think I was 'mofo' or something weird like that. I remember cavihits and a few others mentioned in this thread..seems like forever ago.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #15
Rookie

Can't believe I found this on Google, haha. I used to post there as Its True, Its True. I think I was probably 13/14 when I posted there.

Oddly enough I just got back into watching wrestling within the past 1 or so. I took a break around 2005 or so.

Good stuff!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
Rookie

I came across some old e-mails from my own WWFWarzone/WrestlingTalks days and decided to see if there was anyone else discussing this stuff and here I am. I'm sure that is likely no longer read by those who took part in it five or six years ago and wasn't going to bump it but seeing as it has been several times over the years and was again only two and a half weeks ago, why not? I remember Ratt and probably a few others along with some that moved on to other sites.

Yeah, the hype for WWF Attitude was stupid and I played my part doing Q&As (that ended up being pretty accurate) and providing an interview or two that I did with "Jello"/Jeff Robinson back then until I was banned and Jake accused my last interview for being fake because I posted it on a crappy little site of my own that had nothing to do with wrestling games since he never replied to me when I offered it to him, got unbanned but I was done with anything involving Lawson or his mostly horrible mods at that point. Suffice to say I don't have much in the way of fond memories..

From what I remember being told, WT and all his sites went away after he was busted for paying his bills with funds that did not belong to him, credit card fraud IIRC.

Last edited by MrZero; 04-28-2012 at 02:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »