Home

WrestlingTalks

This is a discussion on WrestlingTalks within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #25
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WrestlingTalks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
I can honestly say I don't miss Rich at all. DXF shows up sporadically on my Facebook newsfeed, ha. She's still her same old self.

Was Rich the guy that would go off if you didn't type XBox correctly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #26
Just started!

OVR: 0

Well i'll be damned, had to register just to post in this little hidden gem in the far corner of the internet which brought back some memories. I was JohnJohn2001 back then and started up 'The Wrestling Lair' over on ezboard after Chris (I think it was) was being a dick on his forum and pretty much ran everyone off leaving them with a bad taste in their mouths and switched over to TWL. My username pretty much evolved to the abbreviated JJ2K1 and I pretty much stopped using it years ago, thus the google search on some past aliases just to see what I could dig up. I too like some of you also to this day use the same password from WT and way back then but its one of my weaker passwords for sites that are not sensitive enough to have a stronger password. Also living in Vegas I used TWL as a company to register for COMDEX and CES conventions when they were in town and still get mail sent to me to this day under that company name even though its long dead. I remember back then when you could sign up for a free domain name but a banner would be placed on the bottom of the website and routed it to the ezboard, which brings back even more memories of how I used to surf the internet for free using NetZero and how many countless times I had to hack it to either get the damn banner off the screen or go over the allotted free hours they would give you after they started putting a cap on how much time you could use it. Just did a search for ezboard to see if I could dig something up and now its Yuku and no sign of the old board, however the old username still logs in. Not even web.archive.org could dig anything up.

It was my friend Tim who lived across the street at the time that led me to some of these websites and messageboards that centered on current wrestling news and wrestling games being developed. I don't think i've ever in my life since then been so excited about something so pointless as a video game for the N64, but WCWvsnWo Revenge and WWF Wrestlemania 2000 were epic and revolutionary because wrestling games before them just plain sucked. I also remember the early vulnerabilities in so many of the websites back then that you just just simply hack into using basic url addresses that Tim and I would terrorize some of those sites until the vulnerabilities were fixed, and post up fake news stories on their new posting scripts. I even saved a screen shot of one of them and still had it saved on my computer after all of these years.

I also remember the havoc we would cause on AIM and use AIMClone back then and log into like 50 names at one time and randomly instant message anyone that shared their AIM name and watch how after 1 instant message with 50 different windows popping up would freeze someones computer and see them sign out for a couple minutes until their computer rebooted and they logged back in, while we would die in laughter.

Some of the guys that I still remember to this day were Louis DeCola (xxxrocky316xxx or something like that), Sanjuro, Sakura, SHIIMA, RatDamnDaddee, I think SoulJohn316 or something like that from Puerto Rico. I still remember periodically checking up on wrestlingdaily.com just to get a vibe of whats going on in the wrestling world but that is long dead for me now.

If anyone else manages to find this, share your story, I had a blast reading through some of this stuff.

Last edited by JJ2K1; 07-25-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #27
Rookie

Old 02-19-2024, 07:44 AM   #28
Rookie

Icon11 Re: WrestlingTalks

It looks like WrestlingTalks is making a comeback. Same URL and everything. I wonder who is behind it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »