Home

WWE Elimination Chamber 2/24/24

This is a discussion on WWE Elimination Chamber 2/24/24 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2024, 11:53 PM   #25

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Elimination Chamber 2/24/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Drew winning and then having the title stolen immediately by Priest just writes itself.

I actually don’t think this show from a crowd perspective was all that great. All the other overseas crowds felt way hotter. Possibly just the acoustics of that stadium but other than the visuals, I think if you held that show in NY/Philly/Chicago/Montreal it’s just as good if not better from a crowd perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Its definitely the open air stadium that impacts the crowd. Probably being real hot also had an impact.

The crowd during the presser were real loud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2024, 02:00 AM   #26
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Every part of this show was predictable. Despite that, all the matches were good. This is why stadium/international shows are fun. If this was just another arena show in some venue we usually see Raw or SD in, it wouldn't feel so special. Being in another country and in a stadium made it feel so much better than it should've been.

The stadium shots were great. Sunset especially is one of the best WWE venue shots ever.
This is why I made it a goal to attend an international show this year. Backlash France ended up being too expensive so I may end up going to All In then do an international WWE PLE next year. Just something about these crowds that make everything better, and as you said the stadium shots were great. I hope they do a PLE in Ireland so Becky, Finn, Sheamus and Lyra if she's been called up by then get to have big homecomings as well.

Great show, sure it's predictable but sometimes the best outcomes in wrestling is the predictable route. Don't do a swerve for the sake of a swerve... bro. Nia really impressed me, she has improved so much and it really shows that if she would have spent more time in NXT before being called up to the main roster that she likely doesn't have the negativity about her. Fans being upset over Tiffany Stratton being eliminated was a surprise for me but maybe Australia hates Liv Morgan as much as you do lol.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:49 PM   #27

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
This is why I made it a goal to attend an international show this year. Backlash France ended up being too expensive so I may end up going to All In then do an international WWE PLE next year. Just something about these crowds that make everything better, and as you said the stadium shots were great. I hope they do a PLE in Ireland so Becky, Finn, Sheamus and Lyra if she's been called up by then get to have big homecomings as well.

Great show, sure it's predictable but sometimes the best outcomes in wrestling is the predictable route. Don't do a swerve for the sake of a swerve... bro. Nia really impressed me, she has improved so much and it really shows that if she would have spent more time in NXT before being called up to the main roster that she likely doesn't have the negativity about her. Fans being upset over Tiffany Stratton being eliminated was a surprise for me but maybe Australia hates Liv Morgan as much as you do lol.
I forgot Backlash is in France. That'll be fun too.

Just looking at the schedule seems fun.

Rumble with a stadium show in the US
EC with a stadium show in Australia
WM 2 night stadium show in the US
Backlash in an arena in France
???? In June
MITB in an arena in Toronto (I'm still surprised this hasn't been cancelled yet)
Summerslam in a stadium in ???(Cleveland?)
Bash in Berlin an arena show in Germany

Depending on what happens in June, we're having the first 8 months of the year featuring PLEs that are all stadium shows and/or international arena shows. That feels much better than some PLE in an arena in Providence, Rhode Island infront of 8000 fans that just feels like a Raw with less ad breaks and more matches.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:12 PM   #28
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
I forgot Backlash is in France. That'll be fun too.

Just looking at the schedule seems fun.

Rumble with a stadium show in the US
EC with a stadium show in Australia
WM 2 night stadium show in the US
Backlash in an arena in France
???? In June
MITB in an arena in Toronto (I'm still surprised this hasn't been cancelled yet)
Summerslam in a stadium in ???(Cleveland?)
Bash in Berlin an arena show in Germany

Depending on what happens in June, we're having the first 8 months of the year featuring PLEs that are all stadium shows and/or international arena shows. That feels much better than some PLE in an arena in Providence, Rhode Island infront of 8000 fans that just feels like a Raw with less ad breaks and more matches.
Why would MITB in Toronto be cancelled? Is something going on in Toronto or Canada in General?
Old 02-25-2024, 01:18 PM   #29

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Why would MITB in Toronto be cancelled? Is something going on in Toronto or Canada in General?
They're renovating the arena the second the Leafs lose in the playoffs. Everything I've heard sounds like they're gutting the 100 level (not the seats until next year, but the concessions, merchandise areas and everything around there are all getting changed in the biggest renovation in the arenas 25 year history).

It's gonna take all summer and then some (could even see NHL and NBA schedule accommodating for this with road trips to start the season).

Just doesn't make sense to me how you're running 3 major shows in an arena that's gonna be an active construction site (if it starts in May or June, MITB weekend is right in the early demolition stage of things before the new stuff starts being built). You're not having any merch stands or an arena store to sell things, concession stands will all be gone, parts of the arena will be blocked off, so how do you have something like this here?

And for the past few months they keep advertising on tv "sign up for the ticket presale", but they've said that for months now and there's no hint of if or when tickets will even be on sale. I've even asked people I know and nobody has a clue what's going on in the summer (in terms of how/if the arena can host events).

Last edited by Majingir; 02-25-2024 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:41 PM   #30
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
They're renovating the arena the second the Leafs lose in the playoffs. Everything I've heard sounds like they're gutting the 100 level (not the seats until next year, but the concessions, merchandise areas and everything around there are all getting changed in the biggest renovation in the arenas 25 year history).

It's gonna take all summer and then some (could even see NHL and NBA schedule accommodating for this with road trips to start the season).

Just doesn't make sense to me how you're running 3 major shows in an arena that's gonna be an active construction site (if it starts in May or June, MITB weekend is right in the early demolition stage of things before the new stuff starts being built). You're not having any merch stands or an arena store to sell things, concession stands will all be gone, parts of the arena will be blocked off, so how do you have something like this here?

And for the past few months they keep advertising on tv "sign up for the ticket presale", but they've said that for months now and there's no hint of if or when tickets will even be on sale. I've even asked people I know and nobody has a clue what's going on in the summer (in terms of how/if the arena can host events).
Well damn that seems like a no go. Maybe they move it to Montreal but they might have to move it state side. Rogers Centre perhaps if the Blue Jays aren't there that weekend?
Old 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM   #31

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Well damn that seems like a no go. Maybe they move it to Montreal but they might have to move it state side. Rogers Centre perhaps if the Blue Jays aren't there that weekend?
That's the thing. It SHOULDN'T be happening (I was fully expecting Rogers Centre to host the rumble in 2025 though since WWE would likely skip Toronto for a tv event in 2024 for that construction reason), but as of now its still scheduled.

If it gets moved I wouldn't be surprised at all, but as of now it seems they still have every intention of hosting it. I just want to know for the fans what it would be like because best scenario I can even think of is that they renovate a few stands first, but the others are closed during shows, so fans will have a real limited number of options to buy anything from, which just sounds like a mess from a fan perspective. Lines in that building are bad enough on a full event day, a building at 25 or 50% functionality would be chaos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2024, 02:45 PM   #32
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

I just love the kayfabe aspect of a wrestler hating someone so much they pay for a flight half away around the world to beat that person up lol. Drew is on a level by himself but AJ and other wrestlers who do that is a whole other level of hate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »