Home

WWE Summerslam 8/5/23

This is a discussion on WWE Summerslam 8/5/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2023, 05:33 PM   #65
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE Summerslam 8/5/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
In his words, as soon as he won he got sent backstage, put in a time vault, and shot the Slim Jim commercial you'd end up seeing soon after on the show.
That commercial was pretty cool with Randy Savage in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2023, 07:53 PM   #66
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Zero reason Asuka couldn’t have won that match and then been the one to be cashed in on.
Asuka winning doesn’t progress the story Bianca has going. She loses the title due to Asuka cheating, is told she has a rematch, doesn’t get first crack at Asuka because Charlotte jumped the line, and when she does get her rematch with Asuka, Charlotte and Damage CTRL run-ins ruin it. Her next chance at the title is a triple threat where she battles thru a knee injury and overcomes the odds to win the title…just to have someone else unexpectedly take it from her.

Now Charlotte has heat with Asuka because she likely had Bianca done with if not for the mist. Asuka’s going to be after Bianca because she beat her for the title. Bianca’s going to be after Iyo for cashing in.

You can obviously still do a lot of these branches with Asuka winning, but Bianca winning adds another layer to it and gives them a reason to have more people in the mix for the title feud.

You correctly saw Bianca’s story for what it was after Summerslam 2021. Why not here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmetalhead
So for winning did LA Knight get some kind of title shot or a bunch of Slim Jims?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObCWRLy0nVk

Last edited by SmashMan; 08-06-2023 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Slim Jim. Ooh yeah
Old 08-07-2023, 12:09 AM   #67
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

No surprise here... Summerslam 2023 is the highest grossing non Mania event in WWE History.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:09 AM   #68

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
No surprise here... Summerslam 2023 is the highest grossing non Mania event in WWE History.
Feels like that's been said a lot recently.

Don't get me wrong, it's great seeing fans so invested in WWE more now than 5,10,15 years ago, but you know this is also due to increased prices on everything.

Either way, it's nice to see things as great as the Bloodline story literally paying off. Heyman in his usual promoter talk says that Reigns has changed the game, but it does make me wonder if that's actually true. Could the Bloodline story be the thing which almost ushers in a new era in terms of how talent/groups get written and things really start having slow builds and layers after layers?
Old 08-07-2023, 11:07 PM   #69
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Is Bianca actually injured or was that part of the story for the MITB cash in? If it's a story, then I really bought it, especially that second fall on the outside.
I didn’t buy it at all for one second. I heard people around me in the arena believing she was really hurt, but I knew it was a work. I liked the finish with the cash in MITB moment. Just glad Charlotte didn’t win.
Old 08-08-2023, 02:24 PM   #70
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDubya
I didn’t buy it at all for one second. I heard people around me in the arena believing she was really hurt, but I knew it was a work. I liked the finish with the cash in MITB moment. Just glad Charlotte didn’t win.
It is getting tiresome with the same old cash in on an injured champion post match. Would have been better if they came out and cashed in mid match. It was fun for me being that was the first cash in I've seen live.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:26 PM   #71

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
It is getting tiresome with the same old cash in on an injured champion post match. Would have been better if they came out and cashed in mid match. It was fun for me being that was the first cash in I've seen live.
It works with the story though which for this instance is ok.

A year ago at SS Damage CTRL debuts opposing Bianca.

This year Iyo cashes in on Bianca and wins the title.

Bianca who has been upset for months at not getting equal opportunities finally gets back to the top only for an opportunistic injury to lead to MITB being cashed in on her.

The fallout from all this could be Bayley turning on Iyo or Iyo turning on Bayley (which could really help Iyo get pushed as a babyface) and Bianca could change after all this (maybe somewhat joining up with Street Profits and Lashley, almost forming their SD version of the Judgment Day, which I'd love seeing their group vs Judgment Day)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2023, 04:28 PM   #72
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

I mean, I kinda get the tiresome response... but... isn't that the point of the briefcase?

It is to be as least creative as possible. Pick your spot, win the title.

People who cash in for a match? Idiots.

Seth Rollins is in the grey area. He cashed in at the end of the match where they beat the crap out of each other. But, still a HUGE gamble entering into a now triple threat.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »