Home

WWE Summerslam 8/5/23

This is a discussion on WWE Summerslam 8/5/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2023, 01:32 AM   #49

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Summerslam 8/5/23

Only explanation I can think of for that ending is going back to the segment where Jey turned on Reigns too.

The segment where Heyman revealed the only person who objected to Jey one day being the tribal chief was Jimmy (and Jimmy admitted to it).

Perhaps now we'll find out why?

As confused as I am about that ending, this story has done little to disappoint me, so I'll stay optimistic and hope this doesn't end up as bad as the "Cinderbella" story.

Last edited by Majingir; 08-06-2023 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-06-2023, 02:45 AM   #50
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
As confused as I am about that ending, this story has done little to disappoint me, so I'll stay optimistic and hope this doesn't end up as bad as the "Cinderbella" story.
Right. I don’t think what they did tonight makes sense for where the story is, but if there’s one thing to say for the last three years of this story it’s that they’ve earned our patience to see how it plays out from here.
Old 08-06-2023, 03:06 AM   #51
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

It shouldn't have anything to do with the Bloodline. Just a "you thought you could go for the title with me gone just like that?" etc.

Still not crazy about it but whatever. Still good. They've earned a bit of trust so we'll see.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 08-06-2023 at 03:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2023, 08:51 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Jimmy super kicked Roman first... then Jey did. This doesn't make sense. Like... it really does feel like if The Bloodline had a jumping the shark moment, this was it. They kept Cody in a feud with Brock for no reason, I just can't see WWE keeping the momentum going until April of next year. Cody/Roman rematch should have happened here, with Cody finishing the story tonight.

It only matters who kicked Roman first if Jimmy is back in the Bloodline. But if Jimmy is still outside and still hates Roman but now also hates Jey for for jealousy or whatever then it works. The cage from 3 years ago doesn’t negate anything neither. Jimmy would have had three years to watch Jey be preferred and proving he can succeed without his brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-06-2023, 08:51 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Jimmy super kicked Roman first... then Jey did. This doesn't make sense. Like... it really does feel like if The Bloodline had a jumping the shark moment, this was it. They kept Cody in a feud with Brock for no reason, I just can't see WWE keeping the momentum going until April of next year. Cody/Roman rematch should have happened here, with Cody finishing the story tonight.
I think the plan is to eventually get to a four way cluster**** match with all of them, it doesn’t look like Solo getting sick of Roman is too far away. They should be able to take that to survivor series, then they just need to get to the rumble and you can start working the Cody story.

If they’re going to go with the jealousy angle, I’d kind of sympathize with Jimmy. He’s the one that stood up to Roman first
Old 08-06-2023, 09:08 AM   #54

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
It only matters who kicked Roman first if Jimmy is back in the Bloodline. But if Jimmy is still outside and still hates Roman but now also hates Jey for for jealousy or whatever then it works. The cage from 3 years ago doesn’t negate anything neither. Jimmy would have had three years to watch Jey be preferred and proving he can succeed without his brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I think the plan is to eventually get to a four way cluster**** match with all of them, it doesn’t look like Solo getting sick of Roman is too far away. They should be able to take that to survivor series, then they just need to get to the rumble and you can start working the Cody story.

If they’re going to go with the jealousy angle, I’d kind of sympathize with Jimmy. He’s the one that stood up to Roman first
We could very well see a Bloodline fatal 4 way at some point too. It would be an easy way for Reigns to lose the title without actually losing, but would feel anti climactic if that's how it ends.

I think Payback would be Jimmy vs Jey, not sure what they do with Fastlane, and then the SA show we see a triple threat perhaps, with Solo turning on Reigns setting up the fatal 4 way at Survivor Series?
Old 08-06-2023, 09:13 AM   #55

Majingir's Arena

Is Bianca actually injured or was that part of the story for the MITB cash in? If it's a story, then I really bought it, especially that second fall on the outside.

It definitely will lead to Bianca going heel, and things come almost full circle.

SS2021 Bianca lost to Becky in 26 seconds.

SS2022 Bianca got her revenge on Becky but then Damage CTRL debuted and started their feud with her

Summer 2023 Bianca is getting upset for being overlooked and always getting the short end of the stick while others (Charlotte) get handed opportunities.

SS2023 Bianca gets "injured?", she just can't catch a break, but manages to win the match and the title only for it to be taken away from her thanks to...Damage CTRL and the mitb.

And I definitely would've rather Finn have won over Seth and Priest eventually cashing in MITB. It makes little sense if Priest cashes in on Rollins eventually. Though part of me wonders if Priests plan for Balor during the match was inserting himself in the match and Balor or Priest pin the other since that would guarantee the Judgment Day wins the title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2023, 11:43 AM   #56
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Is Bianca actually injured or was that part of the story for the MITB cash in? If it's a story, then I really bought it, especially that second fall on the outside.

It definitely will lead to Bianca going heel, and things come almost full circle.

SS2021 Bianca lost to Becky in 26 seconds.

SS2022 Bianca got her revenge on Becky but then Damage CTRL debuted and started their feud with her

Summer 2023 Bianca is getting upset for being overlooked and always getting the short end of the stick while others (Charlotte) get handed opportunities.

SS2023 Bianca gets "injured?", she just can't catch a break, but manages to win the match and the title only for it to be taken away from her thanks to...Damage CTRL and the mitb.

And I definitely would've rather Finn have won over Seth and Priest eventually cashing in MITB. It makes little sense if Priest cashes in on Rollins eventually. Though part of me wonders if Priests plan for Balor during the match was inserting himself in the match and Balor or Priest pin the other since that would guarantee the Judgment Day wins the title.
The knee injury was a work to give IYO the 'tainted' championship win. They lean on that post - match 'surprise' tainted victory too much with the MITB briefcase, IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-06-2023 at 11:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »