Home

WWE 2024 TV Deals?

This is a discussion on WWE 2024 TV Deals? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2023, 12:56 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
WWE 2024 TV Deals?

Apparently the exclusive window has expired for Comcast/Fox to negotiate with WWE for a new TV deal for Raw/SD.

Sounds like USA/Fox are still the faves to keep the shows, but you never know what could happen, especially with new owners in WWE and Nick Khan around now too (I believe he joined AFTER the last set of tv negotiations).

One report I just read is Disney having interest in terms of having a show on FX.

It's an outdated number, but FX had 89m subscribers in 2018 vs 90m from USA. I'd imagine both declined a similar amount since then, but still close to even (wouldn't be surprised if some subscribed to USA just for Raw).

I don't have an issue with the networks they're currently on, but who knows how much say the networks will have or will want to have on future programming or if anything even changes.

There were rumors of Raw going 14+ last summer (even TV Guide listings had them as 14+) but it just never happened. Maybe that was a plan they scrapped, maybe an intentional leak to see the reaction of fans on a possible change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2023, 08:22 PM   #2

Majingir's Arena

Re: WWE 2024 TV Deals?

Latest report says that Fox might not want to renew their deal with SD.
Old 09-11-2023, 12:35 AM   #3
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Latest report says that Fox might not want to renew their deal with SD.
Honestly... I'd be fine if they got rid of FOX for someone new. I understood they couldn't do overruns because of local news but when Edge beat Sheamus in his last match and they just go off the air quick when it was the perfect time for a overrun if that is indeed Edge's final WWE match. That just annoyed me to no end because Edge deserved better.

I can see USA keeping RAW, wonder if NBC would want both RAW & SD with both on USA. I'd stay away from Disney if I were WWE. Disney is losing over $1.4B a year, they laid off a bunch of people, Disney pulled their networks from Spectrum and it seems that contract dispute is not ending anytime soon. That's a sinking ship WWE should stay away from.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 09-11-2023 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:25 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

With SD back on USA, now the question is what happens with Raw/NXTs deals.

Raw I'd imagine stays on USA (don't think USA would pay for SD and not Raw), but NXT, perhaps that's the show that lands WWE a deal with Amazon or Netflix?
Old 09-28-2023, 01:51 PM   #5
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

WWE announces new TV deal for RAW and Smackdown to air in Japan.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-a...ew-deal-japan/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2023, 01:55 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
WWE announces new TV deal for RAW and Smackdown to air in Japan.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-a...ew-deal-japan/
The big story here is WWE never airing in Japan before on free tv, and now airing 12 hours after the US broadcast, with Japanese commentary.

That should be huge for them. Definitely see a PLE in Japan eventually with news like this now.

The deal begins soon...does Nakamura actually win the title!?

And they surely will have Iyo vs Asuka main event SD for the title on their debut episode in Japan right? Not some Bayley,Iyo vs Asuka,Charlotte for the sake of getting Charlotte more tv time?
Old 09-28-2023, 02:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
The big story here is WWE never airing in Japan before on free tv, and now airing 12 hours after the US broadcast, with Japanese commentary.

That should be huge for them. Definitely see a PLE in Japan eventually with news like this now.

The deal begins soon...does Nakamura actually win the title!?

And they surely will have Iyo vs Asuka main event SD for the title on their debut episode in Japan right? Not some Bayley,Iyo vs Asuka,Charlotte for the sake of getting Charlotte more tv time?
I imagine it would be Sky vs Asuka.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:46 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

One possibility mentioned regarding WWEs new deal in Japan is some sort of working deal with Pro Wrestling Noah

Not sure how active they are within the company, but there are some names WWE fans might recognize currently on that roster (according to Wikipedia) like Simon Gotch, Timothy Thatcher, Rene Dupree, Super Crazy. They also list RVD though so not sure how updated it is?

Raw and SD are the ones with the TV deal though, but don't think these guys (minus RVD if he's even part of them still) would really be notable to have representing that company if they show up on WWETV. At most maybe a one off if it's like some open challenge and one of those guys shows up, or any of their regular talents show up?

Or maybe we get another NXT Worlds Collide with a crossover in Japan?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »