Home

WWE 2024 TV Deals?

This is a discussion on WWE 2024 TV Deals? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2024, 06:18 PM   #33

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE 2024 TV Deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
They'll work around the ad-free version. Basically during commercials it'll just be headlocks and nothing-ness.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Probably schedule more entrances during ad breaks too. Half the ad breaks in person are actual ad breaks where lights dim and they just show WWE ads to the live crowd or random WWE videos (like DX cam and so on) so they'll have to do something new now too with the production of the show
Old 01-23-2024, 06:35 PM   #34
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Probably schedule more entrances during ad breaks too. Half the ad breaks in person are actual ad breaks where lights dim and they just show WWE ads to the live crowd or random WWE videos (like DX cam and so on) so they'll have to do something new now too with the production of the show
Great. I totally love missing entrances which add to production value and excitement and the general desire to give a **** about what I'm watching.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:50 PM   #35
All Star

OVR: 2

I imagine the show won’t really feel any different other than the commercials becoming even more repetitive. They’ll run the same timing more or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2024, 10:34 PM   #36

Majingir's Arena

I don't think there's any way it'll be the same kind of show. Netflix for sure will want to have some sort of input on how things go.

Hopefully they really go for the more story driven aspects of wrestling. That's what makes it great when you have the twists and turns and cliffhanger and emotion and so on.

I'm glad the tv ratings discussions will be dead. Never made much sense anymore yet people still went on about it.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:48 PM   #37
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I don't think there's any way it'll be the same kind of show. Netflix for sure will want to have some sort of input on how things go.
They didn't sign a $5 billion deal to change how WWE's been doing TV for 30 years. They do it because they know what they're getting.

Not to say there won't be some changes - I'm sure WWE and Netflix both have ideas to freshen things up, but significant changes when WWE's been structuring TV around ad breaks for decades? There's no need, WWE's already a well-oiled production machine.

I'd be shocked if it's not very close to the current PLE timing where they run superstar or feud hype videos for ad-free and just normal commercials for the lower tier. It's going to be the same style of show except now we'll see the rest holds.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:19 PM   #38

Majingir's Arena

An even weirder twist nobody's talking about but I was wondering before too.

The deal kicks in Janaury 2025.

But.....USA deal ends September 2024. So what happens for 3 months? Does USA renew Raw for 3 months as a fall show or do they find some temp home on a diff network or just make WWE Network/Peacock the home for Raw for 3 months?
Old 01-25-2024, 08:19 AM   #39

Majingir's Arena

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/statu...GECle6SLw&s=19

That's news I've been waiting for.

The money I spend on the network is basically the money it costs for Netflix ad free version (unless they hike the price AGAIN), so I can just unsubscribe to the network/wait for it to shut down and subscribe to Netflix and get the same content.

That'll be big for non US countries and eventually the US too once the Peacock deal is up.

Now I'm looking forward to any possible WWE deals too. They had big deals for Peacock once that switch happened. Surely they have some Netflix deal that's cheaper than the usual Netflix price.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:43 PM   #40

Majingir's Arena

Doesn't impact WWE anymore, but the new Fox,Disney,WB deal is making one giant streaming service basically for sports. ESPN, FOX, TNT and so on.

You have to think that was one of the big pitches to WWE too since we saw they settled on Netflix and this would be very similar with some sort of streaming exclusive deal happening.

But I'd imagine it would be more US based of a deal unlike Netflix which is international so that could've been one of the big factors too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »