Home

Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms) within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2023, 01:00 AM   #57
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

I have the Ballpark Edition. Not sure which stadiums are the new ones. Isn't only one out now, and the other two are coming out later?

And who is that on Twitter with the unboxing? Is she in the game?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-09-2023, 06:22 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I have the Ballpark Edition. Not sure which stadiums are the new ones. Isn't only one out now, and the other two are coming out later?

She works for the Guardians as an “in-game host”. She’s also on some local podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-09-2023, 10:38 AM   #59
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Probably the last one on the list when you choose your venue to play in.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #60
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Probably the last one on the list when you choose your venue to play in.
In that case, the field is Peril Point.

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-10-2023, 04:03 PM   #61
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

was hoping they would go all in on the customization options (logos, faces, stadiums) since they went with the no licensing route. the legend players are cool and all but players have already been creating them on their own for quite some time. it really is a fun alternative to the show but it could be so much more. they could also have a fast pitch/slow pitch softball mode which would be incredible with popularity of softball (especially with the women's college world series and local co-ed leagues). there are NO softball games out there at the moment. it would really set itself apart from the show and even bring in some players who have that game (including myself).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2023, 05:45 PM   #62
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
was hoping they would go all in on the customization options (logos, faces, stadiums) since they went with the no licensing route. the legend players are cool and all but players have already been creating them on their own for quite some time. it really is a fun alternative to the show but it could be so much more. they could also have a fast pitch/slow pitch softball mode which would be incredible with popularity of softball (especially with the women's college world series and local co-ed leagues). there are NO softball games out there at the moment. it would really set itself apart from the show and even bring in some players who have that game (including myself).
Oh, especially myself. I already create my girls softball team that I coach to use in these games. With having females in this game it brings that whole new dimension I can't do with any other game.

A "softball" mode would be an entirely different game, though. Everything about it would be different. Rules, physics, mechanics, animations, stadiums, gameflow... if they were to do it, it would literally have to be a different game. I think we can rule out that possibility and hope some other developer does it someday, for sure.
Old 06-13-2023, 12:51 AM   #63
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Oh, especially myself. I already create my girls softball team that I coach to use in these games. With having females in this game it brings that whole new dimension I can't do with any other game.

A "softball" mode would be an entirely different game, though. Everything about it would be different. Rules, physics, mechanics, animations, stadiums, gameflow... if they were to do it, it would literally have to be a different game. I think we can rule out that possibility and hope some other developer does it someday, for sure.
true but i think this developer can pull it off....fast pitch and slow pitch (co-ed or men's and women's). would be very interesting to see how well it would sell. if it's as fun as super mega baseball, count me in!!
Old 06-13-2023, 12:40 PM   #64
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

I almost didn’t buy the game because of all the negative impressions on Reddit.
I decided to buy the game anyways a few days after release, and glad I did.

So far no complaints. Excellent frame rate, improved graphics (imo.)
Same gameplay as previous versions (thank you)

Improved audio with lots of heckling, improved stadium sounds such as hearing the person selling food and drinks, and one female announced over the PA that There is FREE bubble gum, just check under your seat”, lmao.
Really enjoying this game. (PS5)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Earl1963; 06-13-2023 at 12:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »