Home

Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms) within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-13-2023, 01:13 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

Honestly, I ended up deleting The Show to free up hard drive space. I was really enjoying The Show, and I assume I’ll get back into it come September, but the gameplay, both offline and online, is so much better that I just don’t boot The Show up anymore.

SMB4 is an A+ in my book. I spend more time pondering my lineups and making defensive changes than I ever do in The Show.

The legend additions are like a love letter to everyone that collected baseball cards back in the heyday. It’s like a nostalgia explosion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2023, 07:25 PM   #66
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Loving franchise. Currently in season #4. 20-game seasons; five innings per game. Loving this method, playing every game, because 1.) it feels like every game counts and 2.) fast-paced, baby; fast freakin' pace!

Something I thought was pretty cool. If this was in the old SMB franchise modes, sorry, but as a new player I thought it was a cool touch, even if it was randomly generated (I seem to doubt it?):

I had a third baseman that I drafted from the very beginning of my franchise, Brayden Salmon, who was a fairly good player. He had his ups and downs but contributed greatly to a pair of titles, or at least in some crucial wins during those two title runs where I went 13-7 in both years.

So, after season #3, he only wanted a slight increase in salary, but I offered his current salary to him, and the reaction was something like, "Brayden Salmon tearfully rejected your offer" and walked.

I dunno. I just thought that was cool, the little 'emotional impact' considering he played for my squad for three seasons and was a part of two title teams.

I only have five players remaining from my original season #1 team. I'm attached to a couple of them lol. Especially my first basewoman-turned-DH, because now in season #4, while she doesn't have the highest rating, she's turned out to be my best offensive weapon and a near fool-proof bet for at least a base knock every time she steps up to the plate.
Old 06-22-2023, 01:09 AM   #67
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

When you play a Season or Franchise is there an All Star game in the middle of the season?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 06-22-2023, 05:44 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
When you play a Season or Franchise is there an All Star game in the middle of the season?
No All Star game, end of season awards, Hall of Fame, etc.
Old 07-31-2023, 06:55 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
Loving franchise. Currently in season #4. 20-game seasons; five innings per game. Loving this method, playing every game, because 1.) it feels like every game counts and 2.) fast-paced, baby; fast freakin' pace!

Something I thought was pretty cool. If this was in the old SMB franchise modes, sorry, but as a new player I thought it was a cool touch, even if it was randomly generated (I seem to doubt it?):

I had a third baseman that I drafted from the very beginning of my franchise, Brayden Salmon, who was a fairly good player. He had his ups and downs but contributed greatly to a pair of titles, or at least in some crucial wins during those two title runs where I went 13-7 in both years.

So, after season #3, he only wanted a slight increase in salary, but I offered his current salary to him, and the reaction was something like, "Brayden Salmon tearfully rejected your offer" and walked.

I dunno. I just thought that was cool, the little 'emotional impact' considering he played for my squad for three seasons and was a part of two title teams.

I only have five players remaining from my original season #1 team. I'm attached to a couple of them lol. Especially my first basewoman-turned-DH, because now in season #4, while she doesn't have the highest rating, she's turned out to be my best offensive weapon and a near fool-proof bet for at least a base knock every time she steps up to the plate.
about to get SMB4
but I have a similar set up with smb3. 20 games/3 innings, I set up 2 conferences with 4 divisions in each. I wanted an NFL type of feel for the season. division winners get in the playoffs.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:49 PM   #70
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Over the weekend, I uploaded a video recapping (most of) my first franchise season. I also play the entirety of game 31. Loving me some SMB4!

https://youtu.be/-ItOA21yflA
Old 04-12-2024, 01:25 PM   #71
Just started!

Mlb Super Baseball New York Yankees 0 Runs 9 innings pitched earned runs 3 2 strikeouts 46 strikes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 01:28 PM   #72
Just started!

New York Yankees Runs 2 Home Runs 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »