Home

Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms) within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-31-2023, 09:32 AM   #17
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 Impressions Thread (All Platforms)

There is a YouTube video that shows all of the Legends in the game. Kind of comical to hear the person try to pronounce the names of some of the Legends in the game. Also, what did Frank Linzy and Tom Burgmaier ever do to be considered Legends?
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 05-31-2023, 11:54 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

How do you make badges on uniforms smaller ? When I create a logo I want to make the whole thing smaller but I can't see an option for how to do it. I did it on smb3 so has something changed
Old 05-31-2023, 02:05 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
How do you make badges on uniforms smaller ? When I create a logo I want to make the whole thing smaller but I can't see an option for how to do it. I did it on smb3 so has something changed
Select all the layers and then go into one of them (any, it doesn't matter) and select the move/scale tool. It will scale the whole thing.
Old 05-31-2023, 03:09 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSmit88
Select all the layers and then go into one of them (any, it doesn't matter) and select the move/scale tool. It will scale the whole thing.
How do you select all layers though ?
Old 05-31-2023, 04:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Gameplay is still the normal Super Mega way, which is good. I'll get used to the character models for SMB 4, but I think I like the 2/3 models more. The more traits and chemistry is nice and fun way to build different teams. Gives the players more variability.

I think the sounds (like a rocket ship when some hitters hit no matter what the ball does) are too cheesy, along with the umpires. Changing lineups, substituting players they made have one too many button presses when it has been fine before.

The worst part for me is the UI, mainly in the Team Roster menu. I have hated going through those tabs trying to read what I want. They have to take it back to what it used to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2023, 10:06 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is it possible to switch team your controlling during game?
Old 06-01-2023, 06:09 AM   #23
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm on Xbox, currently playing through the 10-hour free trial. This is my first Super Mega Baseball experience. Now I'm going to drone on for a moment.

Look, I'm not as big of a baseball fan today as I was in the 2000s and early 2010s. I still love my STL Cards, but I've become more of a box score watcher + playoff pay-attention'er these days for a variety of reasons.

Before I got back into gaming a few months ago, the last baseball game I had played was MLB 2K7 sixteen years ago. Back in 2005-2006 I was fairly active in the MLB 2K forums here. I also enjoyed the very last MVP Baseball.

Over the years, I ignored Super Mega Baseball. I rolled my eyes at it, even when I wasn't gaming much. As an Xbox guy, I thought, "Meh, it's not The Show. I don't care."

Then when I got my Series X and tried out The Show, I enjoyed it. Good game. Road to the Show is a boring, terribly bland and barebones mode in my opinion, but yeah, good game.

Long story short, how ignorant of me to have ignored Super Mega Baseball years ago. I think it's more fun to play than The Show, by far and away. I'm going to buy it. I'm mediocre at it. It's going to take some time to get used to it, especially because I had not played a baseball video game in sixteen years, but holy goodness the oodles of fun with SMB.

I played an online match and had a great time. I lost in extra innings.

Definitely buying it if I can find a good online league to delve into.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:14 AM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

All of my initial impressions in my first game haha.

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »