Home

Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information.

This is a discussion on Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information. within the Steve's Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-22-2022, 05:09 PM   #33
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
re: Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Alright so ads are getting worse and worse. Now I’m getting a giant final fantasy ad endwaler or whatever the hell it is banner at the top of my screen in every page I load here plus the ad I’ve posted earlier on the lower right corner.

I know, I know, ads pay the bills. But so do us supporters even though it pales in comparison. I hate to gripe but when it’s getting to the point that every click loads 2-3 ads where the screen jumps and we accidentally click ads, then we get to a point where the user experience suffers for us browsers just looking for OS content.
Trust me, I know. I've put in the complaints to the higher ups as well, but those things are no longer my call. I'll continue letting them know the user experience is suffering.

If you could, tell me exactly what happens I can continue relaying the messages easier. Every user experience is different, browsers, how they usually browse the site, etc. Thanks for your patience.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-22-2022, 05:19 PM   #34
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
re: Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Trust me, I know. I've put in the complaints to the higher ups as well, but those things are no longer my call. I'll continue letting them know the user experience is suffering.

If you could, tell me exactly what happens I can continue relaying the messages easier. Every user experience is different, browsers, how they usually browse the site, etc. Thanks for your patience.
The only ones that get under my skin are the ones for McAfee that auto-redirect you. I've done everything I know to do but I can't seem to prevent it.

I don't log onto OS often on my laptop. When I do it's to type reports for my boxing dynasty. About one out of 5 times that I do I am constantly redirected by these ads. Sometimes I'm redirected 10 times in the few minutes it takes to type my report.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2022, 08:55 PM   #35
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Newer iPad Pro here. So every page I load up, I’ve posted above the screenshot earlier about the right corner video ad. Now every page I also get a giant final fantasy video ad as well up top that’s the headliner that jolts the screen for endwalker and a second video ad that appears underneath the other lower right corner ad.
Like I said, I’m not trying to sound ungrateful. I’m not trying to complain, but yeah, it means now it’s a good 3-5 seconds load up and dodging ads. And it’s every sub forum, every thread, etc click it happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2022, 08:32 PM   #36
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Has it improved any? I'm not seeing the issue on my iPad Pro today.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-23-2022, 10:27 PM   #37
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Has it improved any? I'm not seeing the issue on my iPad Pro today.
Not really no unfortunately
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220223_222543_HDR.jpg (129.1 KB, 73 views)
Old 02-23-2022, 11:22 PM   #38
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Is that in Safari or do you use another app?
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2022, 12:52 AM   #39
MVP

Keirik's Arena

Quote:
Is that in Safari or do you use another app?
Safari. I’ve heard the recommendation to use Tampa talk but to be honest, this is literally the only site I’ve experienced these kinds of issues. Im on about 15 different message boards (don’t worry, this is the only gaming one, I don’t cheat lol ) and don’t really have this issue anywhere else.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:32 PM   #40
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm having this in Chrome, too. Just trying to log in I had stuff jumping all over the place and twice clicked on an ad instead of the log in button because stuff is jumping all of the place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »