Home

Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information.

This is a discussion on Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information. within the Steve's Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #25
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
re: Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information.

Here it is on my iPad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 680C593C-34DB-44FC-9C4A-0438E18C9243.jpg (192.2 KB, 220 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2020, 04:12 PM   #26
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
re: Holy Ads popups - Please Include Screenshots (if possible) and Device Information.

Try using the OS app or Tapatalk app on mobile/tablet.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-13-2021, 06:05 PM   #27
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Hey all. Was just wondering if there was any updates on these lower corner ads? Surely there's a better way to do the advertising to keep the lights on here? I've only recently started getting these on my laptop. There's a 5 second timer before the X appears so you can't even immediately close the things as soon as they pop up. It's every time you load a new page too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OS Popups.jpg (86.3 KB, 149 views)
Old 08-13-2021, 06:32 PM   #28
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Hey all. Was just wondering if there was any updates on these lower corner ads? Surely there's a better way to do the advertising to keep the lights on here? I've only recently started getting these on my laptop. There's a 5 second timer before the X appears so you can't even immediately close the things as soon as they pop up. It's every time you load a new page too.
I'm not a fan either, but they pay the bills to keep OS up and running. I realize many use blockers, etc. but if users want OS to stay alive, it's what needs to happen. Once we get the new forum software online, we might allow the supporters to disable ads. But we'll cross that path when the time comes.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-15-2021, 12:33 PM   #29
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Have MORE ads been.....well Added? I get one in 2 corners and than a banner on every page click. I understand you guys gotta get paid but its starting to be a bit much and slows down everything.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:47 PM   #30
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Have MORE ads been.....well Added? I get one in 2 corners and than a banner on every page click. I understand you guys gotta get paid but its starting to be a bit much and slows down everything.
Ads pay the bills. Once ads don't pay the bills, OS won't be here any more. I get it, they suck. Once we get the new forums up, we'll be looking to have them removed for supporters.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

These (relatively) new ads on mobile are complete garbage. Does anyone else get these ads that take up half the screen and do not go away even when you click the x button on them. Super scummy man, and I've been on this forum forever. Very unlike OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2022, 01:31 AM   #32
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Alright so ads are getting worse and worse. Now I’m getting a giant final fantasy ad endwaler or whatever the hell it is banner at the top of my screen in every page I load here plus the ad I’ve posted earlier on the lower right corner.

I know, I know, ads pay the bills. But so do us supporters even though it pales in comparison. I hate to gripe but when it’s getting to the point that every click loads 2-3 ads where the screen jumps and we accidentally click ads, then we get to a point where the user experience suffers for us browsers just looking for OS content.

Last edited by Keirik; 02-22-2022 at 01:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »