Home

iRacing after 2+ years

This is a discussion on iRacing after 2+ years within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #25
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: iRacing after 2+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubankaos
Man I just hit myself. How did I not figure that out?

Now, just to make sure, can you use say that Nationwide car in a test session even if you don't have a class B license?

If so, does that extend to possibly being able to get into a practice or hosted session using that car?
If you dont have the license you can still run the car in test and hosted sessions, along with World Tour Events, and 24 hours of fun. You will not be able to practice with the car in the official series practice sessions until you get to a C4.00 or above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #26
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

iRacing's twitter ruined the race for me with their update.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
If you dont have the license you can still run the car in test and hosted sessions, along with World Tour Events, and 24 hours of fun. You will not be able to practice with the car in the official series practice sessions until you get to a C4.00 or above.
Oh wow, I did not know that. It makes total sense and I had for some reason thought you couldn't do that and figured it was pretty dumb on their part. I'm glad I didn't make a suggestion about this in their forums, like I was planning.

But then again, it took me quite a while to find the practice sessions with other people. I thought I was limited to an actual race, TT, qualify or a solo practice.

Off to buy some cars and tracks.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #28
Rookie

Armed with the bit of new information, I have one more question.

I've added a few things to my cart and upon further reading, the 24 hours and the Petit Petit LeMans are both available like you said.

So, I'm currently a rookie and will be class D in a few days. I thought I had to buy a D car and some of those tracks to advance, but technically I don't need to buy them. I could just buy what I need for say the 24 Hours event, this week it's Dover and the NW car and with that I could increase my safety rating as well as continue to do my daily races with the Legends car?

Edit: Doh, I forgot the MPR thing. Argh!! So it looks like I still need to purchase a D car if I understand things correctly.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #29
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

Quote:
Armed with the bit of new information, I have one more question.

I've added a few things to my cart and upon further reading, the 24 hours and the Petit Petit LeMans are both available like you said.

So, I'm currently a rookie and will be class D in a few days. I thought I had to buy a D car and some of those tracks to advance, but technically I don't need to buy them. I could just buy what I need for say the 24 Hours event, this week it's Dover and the NW car and with that I could increase my safety rating as well as continue to do my daily races with the Legends car?

Edit: Doh, I forgot the MPR thing. Argh!! So it looks like I still need to purchase a D car if I understand things correctly.
Ya you need to complete the TT or 4 races in that license in order to advance
Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #30
Rookie

Thanks for the confirmation and answers.

I'm feeling better about continuing with the service now.

At least now I have some options and I can stop killing my self driving that legends car over and over and over again.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #31
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation and answers.

I'm feeling better about continuing with the service now.

At least now I have some options and I can stop killing my self driving that legends car over and over and over again.
It does get better outside of the rookie series. Don't get caught up into getting the B or A license, you might find a series that you really enjoy at the lower level with a group of guys (Late Model, Mustang, etc.) Once you get to the car you really enjoy, you'll forget about the SR system and race.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
It does get better outside of the rookie series. Don't get caught up into getting the B or A license, you might find a series that you really enjoy at the lower level with a group of guys (Late Model, Mustang, etc.) Once you get to the car you really enjoy, you'll forget about the SR system and race.
I'm hoping that happens. Right now I'm completely and utterly stuck on fast tracking because I wanted things to be open to me to decide, but now knowing I can do more will help alleviate that syndrome for sure.

In fact being obsessed with "leveling" as I refer to it, I actually have digressed in my racing abilities with other cars.

All I have learned up to this point is how to maximize my SR points per race. So I make sure not to qualify good or not at all, then I instantly pull to the right on the rolling start, let the field pass me then I like to keep maybe a 5-10+ car gap between me and the person in front.

Next, I keep about 50% of my focus on my relative values and the rear view mirror and I have to drive much slower because of it and I just go around and around until I see somebody in the rear view. Which at that time I start slowing my pace down a little and then I ride the high line until they pass.

As you can imagine, it gets pretty boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »