Home

iRacing after 2+ years

This is a discussion on iRacing after 2+ years within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: iRacing after 2+ years

Just recently done the $5 trial month membership option. The game is cool and what not but just don't see me sticking around past the month. The fact that you own nothing you buy and not only do you have to have a susbcription but then you also have to buy the tracks/cars. I'll stick to spending $60 on a game and then downloading the mods I want.

If I had unlmited income, then I'm sure I'd spend a ton of money on the game. However at this point and time I can't see doing it.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Been a proud iRacing member for over a year, pretty much a 100% on the oval side and a good chunk of content on the road side. iRacing is second to none when it comes to competition and availability, best money I've spent on sim racing.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah I've been doing the one month thing and it's almost over.

I would love to continue it, but I'm not sure if I will. I love stats and being able to see my history and all that good stuff. But not knowing just how much I will need to spend irks me. Sure I can buy just one card and couple of tracks, but that will really limit me in what I can do. I won't be able to pay for the variety I think I should get for a monthly fee.

Of course, because of the rookie level races, i've been just doing time trials for fear of getting into some bad races and having my saftey rating go down. I'm utterly bored of time trials and I despise the solstice. I feel like I'm driving a rental car and paying a monthly fee to drive a rental car is not smart money. I know, I know learn on a slow car and you will be faster later. But whatever, it still bores me.

But of course you have a great community and you can play online anytime you want. Even though I haven't experienced, I can only imagine how most races after the rookie level must be so competitive and clean.

I don't if maybe you can pick a preferred option, like oval vs road courses, and then oval and oval tracks would be cheaper would be nice.

And really the biggest thing holding me back is the fact I can't see the future. I'm extremely ADD when it comes to games. I'll be in a racing mood for a while, maybe I'll get hooked on the Show and play that for a while, or maybe I'll go back to an MMO and be hooked for a year. Now bam, all the money buying cars has basically gone to waste especially if I had paid for a year up front to make the monthly payments cheaper.

So that's where I'm at, sitting on the fence.

Last edited by kubankaos; 10-02-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: my paragraphs weren't being show hopefully it shows now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Man I didn't know so many of us was on iracing. We should do a race one night. I'll host if anyone is in. Lets do this
Old 10-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #13
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

The rookies series 2 years ago when I started didnt get my interest but once you move up in the licenses, it gets alot better. Solstice is getting replaced (not sure if its happened, been away for a month or so)
Old 10-03-2010, 03:56 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I believe it's the Mazda MX-5. By the way I just discovered, by accident, the practice sessions with other cars. Doh! I thought there had to be more.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Did anyone else get Dover today? I only got to run a few laps in the truck but it seems to be fun, a bit bumpy but fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
The rookies series 2 years ago when I started didnt get my interest but once you move up in the licenses, it gets alot better. Solstice is getting replaced (not sure if its happened, been away for a month or so)
It's actually not getting replaced. The Solstice and MX-5 are the same thing just the MX-5 is for right-side drivers. So you'll have a choice of Left-Side (Solstice) and right-side (MX-5) for the rookie road series.

Last edited by beatnik; 10-04-2010 at 08:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »