Home

Official USMNT/USWNT Thread

This is a discussion on Official USMNT/USWNT Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #25
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
re: Official USMNT/USWNT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I thought our D was pretty solid. Recovered quite nicely to close out counters.

Just. Need. Offense.

Team's not quick enough to do what Klinsmann wants them to do.
Playing Jozy alone up front just isn't going to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Playing Jozy alone up front just isn't going to work.
Yeah, and it hurt not having Donovan out there, as he has the ability to play that killer ball.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #27
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

got to play 2 strikers up front. jozy i thought had a great game, and there were 3 times i thought he got fouled that wasn't called. one which should have been a penalty.. i thought dempsey was dempsey, got in some dangerous positions, but he's just not very fast lol, there was one he could have had a 2 on 1 break but he got caught up to so easily.. idk, i've never liked him.

i don't like any of our defensive midfield options. beckerman, jones, edu, none of them do it for me, they are all lacking. don't know what klinsmann loves about beckerman so much. there was a point where we actually had some good possession for an extended time and it looked like we could keep it going, and then beckerman took a 40 yard shot that rolled into the keeper.

Brek Shea was pretty much invisible on offense yesterday, but he always does a great job tracking back on defense. same can pretty much be said for danny williams, i love at least the energy danny williams brings to the table.

love timmy chandler, i think he may become our best defensemen very quickly. goodson played decently until, i guess he got tired?

i need to see donovan out there, and some creativity from a holding midfielder please. i'd still like to see agudelo and altidore on at the same time, but if klinsmann likes buddle more than agudelo right now buddle and altidore have to both start on tuesday
Old 11-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 21

My issue with the USMNT has to deal with the attacking players. Their midfield plays a lot of passes sideways but rarely do they play a pass forward. And once they get into the final third, the players stop moving. There are a ton of players just standing around and not making any runs or moving into space to receive a pass. I compare that to France where I saw a lot of passing and moving, overlapping runs, etc. They'll figure it out eventually, especially when they start playing with their strongest lineup.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
My issue with the USMNT has to deal with the attacking players. Their midfield plays a lot of passes sideways but rarely do they play a pass forward. And once they get into the final third, the players stop moving. There are a ton of players just standing around and not making any runs or moving into space to receive a pass. I compare that to France where I saw a lot of passing and moving, overlapping runs, etc. They'll figure it out eventually, especially when they start playing with their strongest lineup.
Good post, it's like they dont' pass and move anymore. It's just stop and start - and many times Chandler was left to just sprint down into the opposition with no support.

What I believe Klinsmann needs to do, other than play 2 strikers, is set up the midfield personnel accurately. You need a Beckerman type who can be the rock, I honestly believe Bradley is a better fit than him. What you also need is the guy who will be a physical force, but also players the smart balls to feet. In my opinion, noone truly matches this position better than Larentowicz, who played very solid against Mexico. Forget Maurice Edu, honestly he hasn't given much to the team - he makes good decisions at times, but not a strong defender like Larentowicz would bring to the table.

As for Dempsey, I think he played well. He brings that physical - not backing down - attitude every game. He shows good skill, holds onto the ball IN THE MIDFIELD setting up Jozy to hold it up in the attacking third. We lost the ball too many times in the midfield by poor first touches and errant passes - Dempsey was the exception and did a lot of clean up dirty work. He might not have been super fast, but then again, he had been tracking back and forth all game.

Tuesday is going to be a true test for Klinsmann - I appreciate his approach to the game as far as his connection with players and constant positivity, but that will run out if he continues to playing strong players with a weak formation.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
I really liked the way Altidore played, he was strong, tough and bullied his way through some good runs. He was the most consistent threat with the way he took risks and held possession.

I do believe he needs help on the attack. Buddle also looked good, so maybe klinsman should attempt a 4-4-2. I think that would help the offense. But it will require the midfielders to work harder and take more risks.

I haven't liked what I have seen from Edu so far, I think bradley has a higher motor and contributes more, from what I have seen from him.

I think seeing beckerman, dempsey, bradley, and shea in the midfield this next game with 2 strikers up front might get the offense on track. I hope klinsman gives it a try at least

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

My Youtube Channel, I will be uploading almost exclusively sports gaming vids, along with other general gaming content. I'd appreciate any subs or contributions you guys want to give :D
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #31
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

The US beats Spain with a 2 Striker attack....

and then promptly decides to never use 2 strikers ever again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #32
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

I think Klinsman prefers not to use 2 strikers but he may be forced into it. Remember, he is still trying to figure out the best way to use his talent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »