Home

Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022)

This is a discussion on Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022) within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL to Seattle?

Very happy that Seattle is getting a team.
I think they'll be a fantastic hockey market.

Goes to show that the NHL didn't want Quebec as an expansion team all along.
Despite the flapping of their gums, they were definitely holding that #32 spot for Seattle.

Guess this means Nordiques fans will have to hope and pray that the Canes or Panthers get moved.
I guess they can also still hope for Arizona too. Detroit will probably get screwed and be told they're going back to the West, LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 11:13 PM   #42

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

An interesting idea I heard someone mention on another site:

What if a team this season signs a guy to a 4-5 year deal, with intention of leaving him unprotected in the Seattle draft(maybe even pushing Seattle to take him if they don't want to)?

In this case, you'd get to sign a guy you want, maybe even at the cap hit you're happy with, but not the overall length of the contract. So in a way, you get out of the deal early. Though I'm sure agents are probably having this on their minds already too. NMC for 2020 will definitely be a hot topic in contract negotiations.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #43

Majingir's Arena

Bettman says no vote on expansion will come in the June BOG meeting, but fall or winter it could happen.

I think we all know it's happening, but I'm sure teams would've liked a 2 year notice on this to better prepare their rosters and sort out contracts.

Although there are a number of guys currently signed to deals that I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them left unprotected come 2020 draft, maybe even giving up picks for Seattle to take them. Backes in Boston, one of the big NMC guys waiving in Anaheim(Getzlaf,Perry,Kesler), Hornqvist in Pittsburgh, Zetterberg in Detroit. Guys who'll be in mid-late 30s by then and still a significant cap hit.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:53 PM   #44
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Although there are a number of guys currently signed to deals that I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them left unprotected come 2020 draft, maybe even giving up picks for Seattle to take them. Backes in Boston, one of the big NMC guys waiving in Anaheim(Getzlaf,Perry,Kesler), Hornqvist in Pittsburgh, Zetterberg in Detroit. Guys who'll be in mid-late 30s by then and still a significant cap hit.
I don't remember, did anyone other than Fleury agree to waive his NMC?

Bob Murray refused to even ask Bieksa to waive his NMC. Getzlaf and Perry are franchise icons, Kesler's a massive dick. Can't see any of them going anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #45

Majingir's Arena

The Seattle group brought in Dave Tippett as a Senior Adviser. I wonder if he'll actually be their teams coach. He had coached from 02-17 but didn't coach all of this past season. Taking 1 more season off(spending it as the Adviser) and then once Seattle officially gets awarded a team, I'm guessing they'd just announce him as the coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 09:34 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
NHL to Seattle?

Quote:
The Seattle group brought in Dave Tippett as a Senior Adviser. I wonder if he'll actually be their teams coach. He had coached from 02-17 but didn't coach all of this past season. Taking 1 more season off(spending it as the Adviser) and then once Seattle officially gets awarded a team, I'm guessing they'd just announce him as the coach.

I’m interested to know if his role will expand once the team is officially announced.
Didn’t Murray Craven act as an advisor for Vegas?
Does he still have a role with the club?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #47

Majingir's Arena

Craven is the VP of the Golden Knights.

Not Seattle related, but it looks like the Portland Winterhawks have registered some new domains that are NHL related. Domains are all things like nhlinportland.com, nhltoportland.com.

I hope it's not another expansion team. Of the big 4 leagues, NHL is the one least in need of more than 30 teams, and they're about to tie the NFL for the most! As a relocation option I'd be fine with. A few of the obvious choices available to relocate.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #48
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Not Seattle related, but it looks like the Portland Winterhawks have registered some new domains that are NHL related. Domains are all things like nhlinportland.com, nhltoportland.com.
If they can figure out a way to stop blatantly ripping off the Blackhawks' brand identity, they may just have a chance.

Also, I'm seeing headlines up here about some group (EIS?) trying to stall/block the Key Arena renos, didn't bothering investigating further as I'll likely be long gone by the time an NHL team ever sees the light of day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »