Home

Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022)

This is a discussion on Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022) within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #33
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL to Seattle?

Nice for Vancouver to have a geographic rival.

I have no idea how the team will fare in the market. Seattle is pretty big these days and a good sports town it seems, and as others have brought up, I wonder what the NBA returning would do. I will say, I think it was crucial they're getting in there before the NBA returns.

Having lived in the PNW and in Portland specifically, hockey is pretty obscure—even despite the longtime WHL presence. I'd say its following is far behind soccer at this point. That said, I'm sure there are a ton of transplants in Seattle from traditional hockey markets, there's a lot of disposable income, and the people who aren't familiar with the new sports coming in (like soccer) seem pretty receptive to any sport that comes along.

I think it'll probably work out well.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #34

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

On HNIC, a name they threw out as a possible GM candidate for the Seattle team would be Ken Holland. Doesn't seem like any negotiations between him and the Wings in terms of staying past his contract that expires at end of this season. Don't know what he'd do for 18-19 season, but from 19-20 season is when Seattle would probably need a GM to start scouting and preparing for the draft and everything else.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #35
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm sure there would be quite a long line of Red Wings fans volunteering to drive Ken Holland to the airport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #36

Majingir's Arena

March 1st is when the Seattle ticket drive begins.

A different process than Vegas as Vegas held their drive before expansion bids were being accepted(and NHL acted like this meant nothing).

Vegas had their drive in February 2015, reached goal by April, NHLs expansion bids began in June, and Vegas was approved a year later in June 2016.

If this follows similar timeline, then probably gets announced June 2019, though seeing how fast everything has been moving, you never know when this will be announced.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:08 PM   #37
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I'm sure there would be quite a long line of Red Wings fans volunteering to drive Ken Holland to the airport.
I have some friends in Seattle that'd be willing to put him up until he finds a residence.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #38
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

In the first hour after the ticket drive started, there were already 25,000 deposits. 10,000 came in the first 12 minutes.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #39

Majingir's Arena

Good to see so many on board so quickly.

Bettman said the draft would be the same as the Vegas one. Nothing official, and I'm sure there might be some owners who have an issue with that, but we'll see how it ends up. Would still be good for teams to have all this announced by this summer so they have some time to prepare their rosters and get ready for the draft.

Given the whole NMC protection in the draft, we could possibly see some teams hesitant on handing those out, at least for next 2 years. Probably see more NTC that turn into NMC beginning in 2021.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:13 PM   #40
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
In the first hour after the ticket drive started, there were already 25,000 deposits. 10,000 came in the first 12 minutes.

Great to hear this is turning out to be as much of a slam dunk as we’ve all been SCREAMING it would be for years.

I hope Seattle sees the immediate success that LV is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »