Home

NHL Off-Topic thread

This is a discussion on NHL Off-Topic thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2024, 02:48 AM   #2049
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NHL Off-Topic thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
you're underestimating the brutal fanhood of being a Lions fan, as if the Millen years were the only era of ineptitude

if you're suggesting that Lions fans never have to worry about crushing defeats because they're so infrequently in games of consequence, then I agree
I'm not trying to deny how awful being a Lions fan must be and how bad that loss to the 49ers must have felt. My brother-in-law is a 60-year-old lifelong Lions fan, God help him.

The specific type of loss I'm talking about is both a golden opportunity and one that haunts a franchise for years and years and years to come. The Pirates and Kings were on the precipice of greatness, lost in truly excruciating, unbelievably unlikely fashion and just fell off the face of the Earth, possibly forever. That might happen with the Lions, Detroit fans might feel that way, but you don't know. It's for those reasons that 28-3 and the 13 seconds game aren't on my list - time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 04-20-2024, 11:09 AM   #2050

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Utah has hired the same team who did the rebrand for the Milwaukee Bucks. I like the current Bucks look so hopefully that's good news for the Utah look.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:37 PM   #2051

Majingir's Arena

Apparently another name which was brought up is the Utah Raptors.

Technically makes more sense than the Toronto Raptors since there's actually a dinosaur named the Utahraptor.

Not that the Raptor name is exclusive to the basketball team, we have Kings, Jets, Giants in multiple major pro leagues, but would feel weird having another Raptor team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2024, 10:40 PM   #2052

Majingir's Arena

With biosteel done, looks like the NHL has gone to Bodyarmor.

Don't know anything about them, but don't see it as easily available in stores. Hopefully that changes if they want people buying their stuff. You could find biosteel everywhere. Obviously Gatorade will always be the biggest name one, but I was surprised how easy it was to find biosteel drinks.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:15 PM   #2053

Majingir's Arena

Utah Blizzard
Utah Fury
Utah HC/Hockey Club
Utah Ice
Utah Mammoth
Utah Outlaws
Utah Venom
Utah Yetis

Sounds like those could be the name options, and possibly doing a tournament/bracket style vote (so 3 rounds of voting for the name).
Old 04-24-2024, 02:25 PM   #2054
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Don’t care for any particularly, but some are just bad. Gimme Blizzard or Mammoth. I actually like the Mammoth name, could go with the actual creature imagery but also just like a “big” general thing. That makes it sound lame but it could be cool if done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-24-2024, 04:20 PM   #2055
All Star

OVR: 13

I like Yetis and Mammoths, but the Colorado Avalanche already have that "Bigfoot" footprint thingee on their jerseys (or used to, anyway) which would be a bit weird if the Utah team wanted to have something similar as their logo (which would make sense).

I'm sort of a fan of a team name being a collective noun, though, just because it's kind of rare in sports (like the "Thundering Herd").

Maybe they could be the Utah Smooth Jazz or the Utah Cool Jazz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 05:48 PM   #2056

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I like Yetis and Mammoths, but the Colorado Avalanche already have that "Bigfoot" footprint thingee on their jerseys (or used to, anyway) which would be a bit weird if the Utah team wanted to have something similar as their logo (which would make sense).

I'm sort of a fan of a team name being a collective noun, though, just because it's kind of rare in sports (like the "Thundering Herd").

Maybe they could be the Utah Smooth Jazz or the Utah Cool Jazz.
Even Mammoth, it's not in the NHL, but Colorado Mammoth exist in the NLL and they have a cool look.

Not that they couldn't use the name, but Colorado teams basically already have the type of look Utah could've used if they went with Yeti or Mammoth.

Although, do the Avs still use the Bigfoot logo? Feels like since they switched to the CO logo they ditched the Bigfoot one.

Surprised Utah Hive or something wasn't an option since their state flag is a beehive. The state flag would be a good one to base a jersey off of since it also has the mountain peaks on it.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-24-2024 at 05:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »