Home

NHL Off-Topic thread

This is a discussion on NHL Off-Topic thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #81

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL Off-Topic thread

Hamonic wants out of NY and wants to go to western canada. It's all for personal reasons, nothing about the Islanders, he just wants to be closer to family.

Oilers obviously need D badly, so they better be throwing together some offer ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Huge changes coming to the ASG this year.

http://www.tsn.ca/all-star-game-chan...rning-1.395711

Thoughts?
Imagine a 3 on 3 matchup like Ovechkin,Crosby,Tavares vs Toews,Kane,Benn.

Looking at the new format:
Metropolitan division has better F than Atlantic(Ovechkin,Crosby,Tavares > Stamkos,Pacioretty,Eichel), but Atlantic will have better D and G(Subban,Karlsson,Price > Carlson,Faulk,Lundqvist).

Central has better F(Toews,Kane,Benn > Sedin,Pavelski,Domi) but Pacific has better D and G(Burns,Doughty,Quick > Suter,Klingberg,Rinne)

Last edited by Majingir; 11-18-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

http://www.letsgobruins.net/2015/11/...ster-revealed/

Bruins alumni game roster announced. Some strange names on that list including Marco Sturm and Andy Raycroft.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #83

Majingir's Arena

Quote:

Bruins alumni game roster announced. Some strange names on that list including Marco Sturm and Andy Raycroft.
I guess they just took anyone who would say yes lol. Raycroft..really? At least Don Cherry will be coach. That'll be cool to have.

Brian Leetch as a Bruins alumni lol. Sure he did play with them for 1 season but still,kind of strange to see thatl.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Reading Patrick O'Sullivan's book right now and man was his dad an absolute psychopath.
I don't know how he came out of that even being half-normal.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #85
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

For a franchise as decorated as the Bruins, that's kind of surprising. The Flyers assembled some awesome alumni for their pregame stuff including getting the Legend of Doom back together. And we know Lindros' history with Flyers upper management aka Bobby Clarke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 07:28 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Interesting read:
http://www.tsn.ca/former-players-ctv...mails-1.402067

Quote:
When Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke effectively ended the career of Boston Bruins centre Marc Savard with a crushing blindside hit to the head, the blow sent shudders through the hockey world.
It also sent Colin Campbell, then the NHL's senior vice-president of operations, to his computer, where he exchanged emails about the incident with Mike Milbury, a former NHL player, coach and general manager turned TV analyst.
Milbury asked Campbell, "Is intent to injure a stand alone call?"
As part of his reply, sent six days after the incident in a March 13, 2010, email, Campbell wrote: "Let's face it Mike... we sell rivalries, we sell and promote hate..."
That's no great surprise to me and others.
The NHL has never really stopped promoting violence.
They know the product on the ice is wanting. When you only have 4 to 5 legit even-strength scoring chances a game, what else can you promote?

I really hope the NHL loses this lawsuit. I think that's the only way the league will finally start to make positive changes in helping the sport grow beyond being a controlled prison-riot on the ice.
Sure, fighting is decreasing, but the amount of dirty hits and stick work continues to go up.
Some might point out the link between those two, but I think it has a lot more to do with how lax the league is in handing out suspensions to head hunting.
Dubinsky should have received 8 games for crosschecking someone in the neck.

There are countless examples just like that one. If the NHL was serious about protecting players from head injuries it would be setting harsh examples.
By only giving out a 1-game sitdown, it basically tells the rest of the league, "have at 'er".

P.S. I believe others have suggested this, but I wonder how different the game would be played if teams couldn't dress someone for a suspended player?
It would make dirty players a lot more accountable.
But then again, that would mean the league would have to actually suspend players.
And if this rule were put in, I suspect we'd see a sharp decline in disciplinary actions.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

John Scott is 28th in ASG voting. I am losing faith in society everyday.

Ahead of guys like Datsyuk, Kopitar, Bergeron, Getzlaf, OEL, McKinnon, Quick, Perry, and others.

Look here: https://allstarvote.nhl.com/en-us/LeaderBoard

Last edited by redsox4evur; 12-01-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:18 AM   #88

Majingir's Arena

NHL not gonna be talking about expansion plans during BOG meetings coming up real soon.

Looking back at some past expansions:
Preds awarded a team in June 97, their draft was June 98
Ducks/Panthers awarded teams in December 92, their draft was June 93
Sens/Lightning awarded teams in December 90, their draft was June 92

Thrashers/Jackets/Wild were also given teams in June 97 but their drafts didn't happen till 99 and 00, cause of arenas not being ready beforehand.

So given the timing of past few expansion teams, many didn't exactly get announced so far in advance of when they were coming into play. Past 3 teams which had arenas ready to go, were announced within 12 months of the time they had the drafts. If 17-18 season is their timeframe for teams, I could definitely see an announcement coming in June 2016, December 2016 for the latest. December more likely cause of the extra talks that'd need to be done in terms of division/conference re-alignments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »