Home

Colts Crowd Noise Skips

This is a discussion on Colts Crowd Noise Skips within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Colts Crowd Noise Skips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eights
Belichick must be behind this. He probably put those microphones on the sidelines.

Trying to frame other teams now. What a loser.
He will stop at NOTHING to defeat his opponents!! On the field or off!!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

People aren't making a big deal about this because there is no proof yet. They might be cheating, it might have been CBS. Kraft complained about it, Colts fans who were at the game have said they didn't hear anything weird. Neither are unbiased sources. NFL is looking into it so we'll most likely hear something in the next few days.

I first read a report about the Patriots videotaping Sunday night after the game. I laughed at it. It didn't become a big story until a couple of days later.

There's no big conspiracy here.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #35
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
People aren't making a big deal about this because there is no proof yet. They might be cheating, it might have been CBS. Kraft complained about it, Colts fans who were at the game have said they didn't hear anything weird. Neither are unbiased sources. NFL is looking into it so we'll most likely hear something in the next few days.

I first read a report about the Patriots videotaping Sunday night after the game. I laughed at it. It didn't become a big story until a couple of days later.

There's no big conspiracy here.
Seems like it would be much easier to hear via TV/Radio then if you were actually at the game. When your inside a loud stadium, your surrounded by noise and could likely miss skipping or anything playing through the stadium as the noise directly around you would drown it out, while watching from a TV, etc. your hearing from a different point of view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

Coach-to-QB system
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
FOXBOROUGH -- Here is some of the Q&A from Bill Belichick's press conference today regarding the team not being able to utilize its coach-to-quarterback system in Sunday's game against the Colts:

Did you notice any irregularities with the crowd noise? There is a report out there [on ProFootballTalk.com] that the Colts might have pumped in crowd noise.
"We definitely had a lot of problems with the coach-to-quarterback. We basically didn't have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all the plays, which is unusual. But that's the way it was. What all was going on, I can't tell you. But I can tell you, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless."

But you didn't feel the crowd noise was ...
"Again, it's always loud. It's definitely loud when you're behind by 10 points, I can tell you that."

You must plan for that, like going to a generator when the lights go out. How much time do you put into that every week for when that system is not an option?
"We have to go to a signaling system, or let the quarterback call his own plays. Those are your two options. It would be one of those two things. You always have to be prepared for that. You never know when something is going to happen, something will malfunction, or whatever. We ended up with that, and we were basically in that mode the whole game."

By rule, did the Colts have to stop using their communication system as well?
"No. The headset rule is if you don't have communication with the press box, then you call the officials over and you tell them that -- 'we don't have communication with the press box.' Then the official says 'you guys take off all your headsets' and then goes to the other sideline and says 'you guys take off all your headsets.' At some point, on a touchback, or a change of possession or something, they'll come back and check with the sideline and if the technician says 'we think we have this straightened out' -- because they're testing it -- then they'll say [let's try it again]. If either side would have a breakdown -- let's say you put them back on for a series or two series or whatever, and you call the officials over and say 'it still isn't working.' And he'll say 'if yours aren't working, you have to take yours off, and they have to take theirs off.' That's what that is. It has nothing to do with coach-to-quarterback. That's a whole separate thing. ... It's independent."

Did you have communication with the press box?
"That was no problem. The problem was the quarterback hearing the plays from the sideline. And if you can't hear them, then you have to find another way to get the play into the quarterback."
Old 11-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #37
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I remember piped in crowd noise being an issue in Minnesota as well as Tennessee during the RJ playoff game. It has been around for a while

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #38
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

I didn't see this posted, but here is the Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Doesn't seem like it could be a CBS technical problem because
a) the annoucer voices don't stop/skip
and
b) what besides a CD would make a skipping noise like that and then just shut off? On a live feed, I don't think you would hear skipping, especially to just one part of the audio, as well as you can hear other crowd noise on top of the skipping that doesn't seem to be repeating.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 11-05-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #39
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I didn't see this posted, but here is the Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Doesn't seem like it could be a CBS technical problem because
a) the annoucer voices don't stop/skip
and
b) what besides a CD would make a skipping noise like that and then just shut off? On a live feed, I don't think you would hear skipping, especially to just one part of the audio, as well as you can hear other crowd noise on top of the skipping that doesn't seem to be repeating.
Yeah, that's something skipping, no doubt.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #40
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

you guys are stupid...

everyone knows that humans skip if they have to many scratches on them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »