Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2024, 05:34 PM   #49
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Decompose??
Yeah, Francesa meant to say decompress, but he turned Tomlin into a rotting corpse.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:43 PM   #50
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I kinda knew Tomlin would be back, so it's no surprise to me..BUT, there have to be some MAJOR changes in OC as well as DC.

I also hope that there will be an open competition in regards to the starting QB position...because a lot of the stuff I have been reading is that the Steelers fully plan on going back to Pickett in 24...obviously Trubisky needs to go, that was a garbage signing if I ever saw one, and IF Rudolph does resign, he should have just as much right to the starting job as anyone.

There is no way (imo) that Pickett should just be "handed the keys" because he was a first rounder.

The "proof was in the pudding" as they say...I seen several comments that Rudolphs wins were against "bad" defenses...while that may be true, against the exact same "bad" terrible Bengal defense AND with Canada's Mickey Mouse playbook, Rudolph and the offense put up over 30 while Pickett could only muster 16. I also don't believe the Steelers go into Seattle and get the win with Pickett either.

The Steelers went against a Buffalo team that I would easily rate an A to A- team, while the Steelers were clearly a C- to D team..from early on they just looked completely outclassed, oh sure they got within 7, and on that long 12 play drive gave their defense plenty of rest...then the Bills next possession went right down to score and went through the Steelers defense like swiss cheese.

I like Tomlin as a person, he seems like he would be cool to hang out with, but as a coach? not so much...from mismanaging the clock (the Bills punter was injured, the defense just got a sack, and instead of giving your offense another shot you don't call a TO, but wait till there's 2 second left in the half?)

The lack of any kind of defensive adjustments throughout the year...teams abused the middle of the field against the Steelers, were there any visible adjustments made? this is coming from a defensive orientated HC.

Sticking with Trubisky even though you could clearly see that he was completely incapable of producing either...

1-came in for an injured Pickett, couldn't do anything-loss
2-Started against the Patriots, couldn't do anything-loss
3-Started against the Colts, couldn't do anything-loss

THEN Tomlin put Rudolph in the game with a little over 2 minutes left? for what??

The defense can't tackle for crap...
The Steelers constantly "play down" to the competition.

Wallace, Cole as well as Harvin need to go..

This whole "Tomlin has never had a losing season" garbage is beyond played out, that has to be the most worthless stat I have ever heard..

Sure Noll had losing seasons, but guess what? he is responsible for 4 Super Bowl titles, thats going back to back twice!!

Cowher had losing seasons as well, but his teams always seemed to be prepared and his defenses were better prepared (imo) as well...

While Tomlin has never had a losing season...does anybody ever mention that he is also the only Steeler coach to go this long without a playoff win? Also to lose back to back games against 2 2 win teams?

So yea...hoping for major change, but don't really see it happening, I will be surprised if there's any major shakup on the OC and DC side.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-16-2024, 10:32 PM   #51
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Falcons announce they interviewed Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh for their head coach opening

This **** is funny lol. Would be a great fit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2024, 10:36 PM   #52
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

If your scoring at home I approve of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Falcons announce they interviewed Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh for their head coach opening

Old 01-17-2024, 08:53 AM   #53
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Wouldn't count on Harbaugh leaving. Dude just won the NC, would you leave? Hell no, I'd stay and run it back.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 01-17-2024, 11:07 AM   #54
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Wouldn't count on Harbaugh leaving. Dude just won the NC, would you leave? Hell no, I'd stay and run it back.

Ahhhhh He might be on the run from cheating. It's just a rumor right now .
Old 01-17-2024, 12:52 PM   #55
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

The fact he is interviewing is telling. He's already interviewed
two places and he hired Yee who is a top agent for the NFL.

Stay and have sanctions? Or do what Carroll did leave and let
the next guy deal with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2024, 07:57 PM   #56
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:

To play devils advocate. Michigan may have more players drafted than the record setting 2021 UGA team did. That's a lot of talent to replace. UGA was able to mostly make up for it thanks to being in the top 2-3 recruiting classes every year. Michigan's best class in the last 4 years is #9. Harbaugh may look at that and the potential violations as enough reason to jump ship while he's still on top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »