Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-25-2024, 10:01 AM   #97
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Total blasphemy, but he’s got a Jim Johnson look to him there.

I was a bit concerned Harbaugh might try to poach him to come with him to LA (worked together in SF), but that would be a whole country away from his family. Philly is a better team as is anyway.
Minter seems like a lock to follow Harbaugh as the DC. With the success of the MacDonald defense with the Ravens, I'm sure Minter thinks he can have similar success.

Another positive with Fangio is the experience. I think having a more established veteran coach might be the route to go for a younger HC. I almost think they should go the same route for OC. It doesn't have to be a veteran coach, but an offensive coach who Sirrani will be willing to control the offense
Old 01-25-2024, 11:22 AM   #98
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

So, Jerry...there's at least a couple of top-shelf coaches available this off-season, and your team once again was out-coached and under-prepared for the post-season...

Jerry: No one feels the pain of this loss more than I do...but we've got something good started here and I want to see it through. I have the utmost faith in Jason Garret...I mean Mike McCarthy...
Old 01-25-2024, 12:19 PM   #99
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Sounds like Dave Canales, OC from TB, is headed to Carolina to become their new HC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-25-2024, 01:40 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Seemingly official

Not my ideal choice, just because they seem obsessed with the Fangio defense. They wanted to sign him last year and he wants to be close to home/family. I guess the upside is that Miami was top 10 on yards allowed and 3rd in sacks. The other benefit is that instead of going after protégés who run variances of his defense, you're getting the architect of the defense.
I thought he did an awesome job in Chicago, it seemed like he could plug anyone in the secondary and they’d be productive
Old 01-25-2024, 02:01 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I thought he did an awesome job in Chicago, it seemed like he could plug anyone in the secondary and they’d be productive
Well Philly was certainly need that. It seems like both Slay and Bradberry is on the decline

Three jobs left, Commanders, Seahawks, and Falcons. I feel like it'll be Belichick, Vrabel, and Ben Johnson. If I were to guess, it'll be Belichick to Falcons, Johnson to Commanders, and Vrabel to Seahawks. I think Johnson's is as high as it can get and Commanders do offer having the 2nd overall pick with chance to draft and develop a QB. I just don't see Vrabel and Belichick not being the choices, unless they don't like the situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2024, 05:00 PM   #102

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Atlanta hiring Rams DC Raheem Morris as the next HC so Seattle and Washington remain while Belichick is still trying to find work and Vrabel is floating out there.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2024, 05:29 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Atlanta hiring Rams DC Raheem Morris as the next HC so Seattle and Washington remain while Belichick is still trying to find work and Vrabel is floating out there.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
It feels like Belichick and Vrabel might end up not coaching this year. I sense Commanders will wait for Ben Johnson. Seahawks feel like the wildcard
Old 01-25-2024, 07:04 PM   #104
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Can someone please shed a little light on this for me?

Why in the HELL would the Steelers interview the OC from Carolina when they themselves had the worst offense in the NFL last season?

Quote:
The Panthers had the worst offense in the NFL last season, ranking No. 32 in yards and No. 31 in points scored. Carolina went 2-15 in 2023.
Hell the combination of Sullivan and Faulkner weren't THIS bad, this guy is Matt Canada terrible all over again.

I understand it's only an interview, but with how bad the Panther offense was this is really a head scratcher.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »