Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-24-2024, 08:38 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Good move by the Chargers imho.
Yeah, I like the move as well. It's a move that Harbaugh couldn't pass up. If he truly wanted to go to NFL, there really isn't a better situation to walk into. It's almost like when Urban Meyer going to Jaguars. Going into a situation where you have a QB you can believe can be a game changer, with the ability to pair with a GM with familiarity, and talent to not be a full on rebuild

He'll likely bring along his Michigan DC Minter with him. Minter interviewed for the Eagles DC job last year. I wonder how his offensive philosophy might change. He's more of a old school run first offense with good defense. But with Herbert and the weapons, he'll have to willing to at least be balanced
Old 01-24-2024, 09:03 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The interesting thing about their potential offense is they denied the Bears permission to interview Kellen Moore for their OC job, so maybe Harbaugh made it known he’d keep Moore if he gets the job. Moore is the last guy I’d expect Harbaugh to pick as his OC.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:17 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
The interesting thing about their potential offense is they denied the Bears permission to interview Kellen Moore for their OC job, so maybe Harbaugh made it known he’d keep Moore if he gets the job. Moore is the last guy I’d expect Harbaugh to pick as his OC.
Yeah, that was weird. You only block a coordinator from a former staff if you plan to retain him. I would assume that Harbaugh would have full control of his staff. Unless Harbaugh wants to maintain continuity with the offense, I wouldn't assume that Moore has any past history with Harbaugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2024, 09:34 PM   #92
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It's almost like when Urban Meyer going to Jaguars. Going into a situation where you have a QB you can believe can be a game changer, with the ability to pair with a GM with familiarity, and talent to not be a full on rebuild
They don’t even have a GM if I’m not mistaken.

Which makes the hiring odd in that sense alone.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:56 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
They don’t even have a GM if I’m not mistaken.

Which makes the hiring odd in that sense alone.
Sorry that's what I meant to say. I meant to say he has a chance to be hired alongside a GM he is comfortable with. I guess the priority was to secure Harbaugh first and worry about GM later. I know I saw he has connections with the Giants Assistant GM Brown and they also interviewed a Ravens assistant.

I do think GMs should be hired first. But, I mainly believe that GMs and Head Coaches need to be on the same page and understand the vision of the team. We've seen it in all of sports, where if the GM and HC aren't on the same page, it never works. Hell, I can quickly point to the Doc Rivers-Morey relationship. Where Rivers was hired first and was obviously given assurances prior to Morey getting there with roster control.
Old 01-25-2024, 04:11 AM   #94
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Harbaugh is going to be and needs to be the star of any HC/GM combo. I think he will basically be able to pick who he wants if he doesn’t want roster control to himself. Considering how it ended in SF with the Baalke and Harbaugh struggle, makes sense for LA to go this route.

My guess on Moore is that they were looking to keep him with whoever came as HC or hire him as HC if other options failed, but they seemed to be out in front interviewing everyone under the sun and after Harbaugh got his NCAA FB title and became readily available, they couldn’t pass up going hard after him and abandoning the original plan. It worked.

Something bad been in the water in LA/SD for a long time. Team gets obscenely hurt and has like gut wrenchingly bad luck for a very long time now under multiple coaches and regimes and rosters. There is not another person, player coach GM owner, who inspires confidence that you will be a winner like Harbaugh has everywhere he’s been. This guy was Rich Gannon’s QB coach in his MVP year at age 37!! I just learned that, it was the cherry on top to go with his HC record everywhere. This is the best hire the Chargers could and might ever make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-25-2024, 09:09 AM   #95
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Seemingly official

Not my ideal choice, just because they seem obsessed with the Fangio defense. They wanted to sign him last year and he wants to be close to home/family. I guess the upside is that Miami was top 10 on yards allowed and 3rd in sacks. The other benefit is that instead of going after protégés who run variances of his defense, you're getting the architect of the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2024, 09:48 AM   #96
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Total blasphemy, but he’s got a Jim Johnson look to him there.

I was a bit concerned Harbaugh might try to poach him to come with him to LA (worked together in SF), but that would be a whole country away from his family. Philly is a better team as is anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »