Home

Old 03-12-2023, 01:44 PM   #18553

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
My honest feeling on it is I'd just like to see it incorporated that same way they have the play clock for football. We all know it's there now, put it as part of the ticker and just have it always be there. I feel it would be more of a distraction to the game if it keeps popping up randomly on the screen as it gets low.

Just put it up and let it run, let us focus on the game and if we want to watch the clock we can.
That's what I was thinking before too. If it's just integrated into the scorebug, there's no problem.

And then just do what we see for NBA/NFL where the clock might turn red if it's about to expire.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:50 PM   #18554
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
That's what I was thinking before too. If it's just integrated into the scorebug, there's no problem.

And then just do what we see for NBA/NFL where the clock might turn red if it's about to expire.
Dislike this thought so much, but this is of course my own opinion.

I get if ESPN does it, but I'm hoping NBC Sports is above this personally. My eye has been drawn to it during Spring Training, and I absolutely resent its inclusion. Not the clock itself, but the visual reminder.

Again, pitchers and hitters will be on time unless they're not, and we'll understand it. We don't have to be reminded in a game whose regulation play is not decided on a clock itself.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-12-2023, 02:12 PM   #18555
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I didn't think that strike 2 call was that egregious, really. Is it a ball? Oh yes. Bad call? Shouldn't happen. It's what happens afterwards that's terrible, this includes though the whiny ballerina batter doing jump-spins over that call.

No excuse for that strike three and departure, but I'm guessing if he wasn't shown up the way he was he wouldn't have done that. The previous reaction made him make up his mind. Umpires however must leave emotion at the door.

I don’t care what the batter did. If he’s that offended by what the batter did after strike two call, then toss him from the game.

You can’t call that pitch (3rd strike) a strike at any point of the game, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2023, 02:14 PM   #18556
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don’t care what the batter did. If he’s that offended by what the batter did after strike two call, then toss him from the game.

You can’t call that pitch (3rd strike) a strike at any point of the game, period.

I know, and I agree. I'm saying what he did in response to the strike two call was worse than the call itself.

This video isn't about two terrible calls, it's about one terrible call and was made on the sole basis of what the batter did in response to the other call. Not forgiving him and not condoning it. This was about that one call alone though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-12-2023, 02:41 PM   #18557
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
I know, and I agree. I'm saying what he did in response to the strike two call was worse than the call itself.

This video isn't about two terrible calls, it's about one terrible call and was made on the sole basis of what the batter did in response to the other call. Not forgiving him and not condoning it. This was about that one call alone though.

No you’re justifying a erroneous strike 3 call because you don’t like what the hitter did in response to the called strike two.

This video is solely about an umpire who instead of handing the situation with any sort of character, decided instead to show up a 18-22 year old kid, by punching him out on bull**** call and then hurrying of the field.

Old 03-12-2023, 03:03 PM   #18558
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
No you’re justifying a erroneous strike 3 call because you don’t like what the hitter did in response to the called strike two.

This video is solely about an umpire who instead of handing the situation with any sort of character, decided instead to show up a 18-22 year old kid, by punching him out on bull**** call and then hurrying of the field.

Jesus CB, do not put words in my mouth. I know what I said and why I said it. If my post was on the reading comprehension section of an SAT, I believe you would've selected the wrong answer regarding its purpose.

My post was in response to yours, where your narrative was regarding two bad umpire calls. This was about one bad call that wasn't a result of him not knowing balls from strikes. I'm not justifying his decision. If you can't read and understand that, I can't help you.

That being said, the batter is a whiny bitch. He can be that and the umpire can be a piece of crap and be removed from his profession.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:07 PM   #18559
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Jesus CB, do not put words in my mouth. I know what I said and why I said it. If my post was on the reading comprehension section of an SAT, I believe you would've selected the wrong answer regarding its purpose.

My post was in response to yours, where your narrative was regarding two bad umpire calls. This was about one bad call that wasn't a result of him not knowing balls from strikes. I'm not justifying his decision. If you can't read and understand that, I can't help you.

That being said, the batter is a whiny bitch. He can be that and the umpire can be a piece of crap and be removed from his profession.

I’m done with you

Don’t ever insult me again

Old 03-12-2023, 03:28 PM   #18560
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
I’m done with you

Don’t ever insult me again

Same. Don't put words in my mouth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »