Home

Old 03-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #105
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
A lot my issues with Reynolds comes from his unwillingness to accept anything the SABR crowd may put before him, be it stats or analytics. It just seems he wears his ignorance of advance stats like a badge of honor, which to me, is gear grinding to no end.

Another thing that gets to me is when he constantly interrupts other hosts during MLB Tonight/Hot Stove, etc. Often to the point where he is talking over everybody else on the show.
I think that's common (the anti-SABR stuff) with former players…but I think it's good to get a good mix of SABR guys and 'jocks'. While I enjoy Clubhouse Confidential, that show is better when Mark Derosa is on it instead of three nerds talking stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #106
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

WOW! My opinion of Ian Kinsler just took a nose dive. He may very well be right about Daniels but this comes off as just being bitter about being traded and screams it's all about me me me.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...artner=ya5nbcs
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 03-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #107
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
MLB Off-Topic 2014

Lol he calls JD out but he refused to be a leader
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #108
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

In regards to Kinsler, I don't think it's fair to criticize him for not wanting to be a leader. I don't know him by any means on a personal level, however he might just not be the type of person to lead. Some people aren't cut out to be a leader in the clubhouse and that's fine.

On the other hand, I think it was distasteful to come out and say what he did about Daniels. If you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut. He is just making himself look bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 03-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #109
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Wow…I actually really like Harold Reynolds. I didn't know anyone disliked him to be honest. He is insightful, entertaining, and comes across as down to earth. He isn't always right, but I don't put him in a class with Joe Buck as annoying at all.
I'm conflicted about this. I generally LIKE the 3 man booth set up but Harold Reynolds is just not.......good. Verducci is clearly being put in there as the jack of all trades guy who can be newsy though I think a Ken Rosenthal or JP Morosi would be better at that than Verducci.

I'm going to guess with Reynolds in the booth that the excesses of Buck are going to be magnified even more. "sigh"

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #110
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
In regards to Kinsler, I don't think it's fair to criticize him for not wanting to be a leader. I don't know him by any means on a personal level, however he might just not be the type of person to lead. Some people aren't cut out to be a leader in the clubhouse and that's fine.

On the other hand, I think it was distasteful to come out and say what he did about Daniels. If you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut. He is just making himself look bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This. I mean, not all guys see themselves as leaders. And not everyone can be a leader, Kinsler knows who he is...simple as that.

While this does sound like he's a bit salty, I think it also shows why this trade needed to happen for him, and benefits both teams. They were basically forcing him out the door from day 1 last year...better to go to a team that needed him, AND get his team a valuable asset in return.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #111
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

The thing is (and this has been mentioned in another thread), I'd wager good money that Kinsler didn't think that Daniels was a "sleezeball" when the Rangers gave him a boat load of money. I think a lot of it comes from some things that aren't really talked about. First, Daniels had a habit of becoming good friends with the players. While it's nice that they got along, when Young got too old to put out in the field and with Kinsler not wanting to be a "leader," it made it tough for the split to happen. Second. Kinsler probably never saw the trade coming considering that Andrus and Profar seemed like the two to go first. The talk was (for some reason I'll never understand) Profar for Tavaras or Andrus+ for Price. When Kinsler was the one that got the boot, I imagine he was peeved about taking a long term contract and then losing a spot to a kid. In any case, I still like him, I hope he does well, I'll cheer him at his first at bat back here, and then it will be done with.

As for Harold Reynolds replacing Tim McCarver... ugh, that's rough. I listen to the radio whenever Buck is on the television; this makes it much more easier to switch to the Texas Rangers Radio Network. It doesn't hurt that Eric Nadel is our play-by-play guy either.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 04:16 AM   #112
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I like Reynolds but I don't know if he has an "in-game commentary voice," if that makes sense. Kinda high-pitched, not sure it'll be pleasing to the ear for three hours.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »