Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #10929
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
This is where I relate. I hoop alot with high school kids and my little cousins. And some of the **** they say. The music they play. The stuff they post on snap. Man... It's just a different world.

So the Hader stuff and Josh Allen stuff. It's peanuts compared to what I see and hear on a regular basis. I'm just being real.

The media and our politicians and the older generation have no clue. So I usually just roll my eyes when I see stuff like this.

And it's not like kids have changed. It's just all out there now for everyone to see.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

So much this. People here acting like he was a full grown man when he made these tweets and that teenagers don't do dumb things. This isn't 1873. He wasn't 17, running a ranch, and raising 12 kids. Go hangout with a group of average teens and you'll see Hader is nothing out of the ordinary. Doesn't make what he said any less wrong, but to sit here and act like he is some crazy bad kid because of a few tweets is ridiculous.

― Plato
Old 07-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #10930
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Manfred was asked in an interview, I think with ESPN (before the game), what can be done to make Trout as big a star as his talent deserves. He said being a superstar in this day and age necessitates a level of engagement that Trout just isn't interested in (Twitter, Instagram, ad campaigns, etc.). I should mention that he said they have ideas and things they want to do, but that he just isn't interested.
Manfred and his marketing geniuses have a plethora of ideas but once Trout said no, they decided it wasn't worth the effort to try with the other players.

Lol this dude is trying to compete for that top spot of worst commissioners.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #10931
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Manfred and his marketing geniuses have a plethora of ideas but once Trout said no, they decided it wasn't worth the effort to try with the other players.

He and Goodell in a two way tie lol

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 PM   #10932
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH

Angels came out in defense of Trout... By basically confirming what Manfred said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiawJTIVsAEqFai?format=jpg

I just feel like for better or for worse the culture of the game is against self promotion. If OBJ can't dance is he Julio Jones? I don't think the average person knows what he looks like. I really think it's a problem with the game to an extent. And the fanbase is older, so it doesn't have the social media hype that the NBA does.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 07-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #10933
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
I'I missed the KKK and white power stuff. If you can point me in that direction. I didn't see those rants.

Sorry man I gotta see proof. Before I believe all the he said she said bs. There's always more to a story.
Spoiler

Last edited by Trapper700; 07-18-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #10934
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Probably wanna spoiler that
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 07-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #10935
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Angels came out in defense of Trout... By basically confirming what Manfred said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiawJTIVsAEqFai?format=jpg

I just feel like for better or for worse the culture of the game is against self promotion. If OBJ can't dance is he Julio Jones? I don't think the average person knows what he looks like. I really think it's a problem with the game to an extent. And the fanbase is older, so it doesn't have the social media hype that the NBA does.
Right. I get that Trout isn't doing the extra stuff.

But my point is MLB doesn't even do their own stuff to push Trout. Meanwhile, the NBA and its networks do for their players.

I disagree that guys need to be on Twitter or Instagram to be known. Maybe they won't be global icons without it, but we can't even talk global when these guys are barely national.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #10936
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

MLB abolishing their silly video sharing policy on social media would be a good start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »