Home

Funkycorm Presents: The Funky Era of Wrestling, Redemption

This is a discussion on Funkycorm Presents: The Funky Era of Wrestling, Redemption within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2023, 09:04 AM   #41
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm Presents: The Funky Era of Wrestling, Redemption

Current Champions

End June Year 1, Week 4

MITB Briefcase Holders

RAW: LA Knight
Women’s Wednesday: Carmella
SmackDown: Ilja Dragunov

*Note: I know there is a bug with custom MITB briefcases, so I will need to figure out an alternative for cashing in MITB cases*

Current Champions

RAW:

WWE Champion: Brock Lesnar
WWE United States Champion: Seth Rollins
WWE United Kingdom Championship: Robert Roode
WWE RAW Tag Team Champion: RK-Bro

SmackDown:

WWE Universal Champion: Roman Reigns
WWE Intercontinental Champion: King Nakamura
WWE North American Champion: Sheamus
SmackDown Tag Team Champion: The Usos

Women’s Wednesday:

WWE Women’s Champion: Becky Lynch
WWE Women’s Martial Arts Champion: Asuka
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion: Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez

Sorry for the small update. Out of town at a conference this week and my main write-ups are on my PC back home. Wanted to get something out though this week.

Thanks for following along!

We head into July now!

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2023, 05:37 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm

Women’s Wednesday

May, Year 1, Week 1

The new and first GM of the women’s only show, Lita, comes out to center ring. She welcomes fans to the inaugural show and says this will be a heck of a show. With Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch each being a champion on their old brand, a new WWE Women’s Champion has to be established tonight. They will face off in the main event. The winner will be the WWE Women’s Champion. The loser, will get the opportunity to earn the Women’s Martial Arts championship. This wrestler will face off against the winner of a triple threat match tonight, next week for the Martial Arts Championship.

Match 1

Asuka vs. Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss

Spoiler

Match 2

Doudrop vs. Reckoning

Spoiler

Match 3 (Falls Count Anywhere)

Xia Li vs. Bayley

Spoiler

Match 4

Natalya vs. Lacey Evans

Spoiler

Match 5 (Non-title match)

Rhea Ripley & Nikki A.S.H. (Women’s Tag Team Champions) vs. Shotzi & Nox

Spoiler

Main Event (WWE Women’s Championship)

Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch

Spoiler

Well at least Becky Lynch is the new women's champion 🏆

LoL poor Natalya, she can't even win a match on real WWE and NOW she loses in funkys world.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 07-11-2023, 11:37 AM   #43
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
Well at least Becky Lynch is the new women's champion ��

LoL poor Natalya, she can't even win a match on real WWE and NOW she loses in funkys world.
That is true lol. I actually don't even watch WWE in real life anymore. I actually had no idea Edge and Reigns had a fued in real WWE until after I wrote and did this.

This is still ongoing. On a bit of a hiatus for the summer right now with it.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 07-11-2023 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:44 PM   #44
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

10 months have passed….

It has been 10 months and the WWE landscape has changed significantly since the previous summer.

I recently bought the digital deluxe edition of WWE 2k23 when it was on sale. I had intended to continue my 2k22 dynasty on 2k22 for another full year in game then buy 2k24 in the fall or 2k25 when it came out. Normally, I buy the game on sale every 2-3 years and was going to wait until late this year to buy 2k24 on sale but I couldn’t ignore the great sale on 2k23.

So, what does this mean for my current dynasty?

What we are going to do here is continue this dynasty but also hit the reset button a bit at the same time. I have been playing 2k22 quite a bit and went until the end of April year 1 so we will be starting in May of year 2 after WrestleMania. We will be labeling everything starting in May, Year 2 as this is where I stopped at. I stopped posting on here because I was starting to fly through my shows and ended up being months ahead from what I was writing. So much had happened, it would have been hard to go back and write everything up.

I will take a few posts to outline the new rosters and current champions and history, as well as some other important notes. Once we get through these posts, we are going to continue the dynasty. I will also be doing a brief monthly review of significant events first though.

I thought about starting a new thread for this but I decided I want to continue this thread.

Quick Notes:

Game: WWE 2k23 deluxe edition
System: PS5
Matches: Just about all matches will be CPU vs CPU and I will only watch. I may play the occasional match but I want random results and the stories that I can make from those random results.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 04-13-2024 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2024, 01:18 PM   #45
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

July

July saw 2 PPV events. The women’s only Womenz Warz and Horror Show Extreme Rules. The Womenz Warz was fun. It saw Dakota Kai and Io Shirai team up to form Damage Ctrl as Dakota turned on Raquel Gonzalez. It saw the team of Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan win the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship. Even though it was fun, I am iffy on how the Women’s Wrestling only PPV went. It felt as if I was trying to scrape matches together and the spacing was weird. I likely will not do another one.

Horror Show Extreme Rules saw RK-Bro lose the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship to Alpha Academy and Sami Zayn finally settle his score with Ilja Dragunov.

August

August brought the event of the summer in SummerSlam. It saw Carmella cash in her MITB briefcase for a title shot against Becky Lynch with Carmella coming out victorious as the new WWE Women’s Champion. It also saw Drew McIntyre defeat Roman Reigns to become the new WWE Universal Champion.

September

September saw LA Knight unsuccessfully cash in his MITB briefcase against WWE Champion Brock Lesnar. Clash of Champions was the PPV this month and saw every champion defending their title. The only title to change hands was the WWE Intercontinental title going to Sami Zayn after he defeated King Nakamura.

October

October saw the Hell in a Cell PPV. Carmella lost her WWE Women’s Championship to Bayley. Big E defeated Brock Lesnar to become the WWE Champion. The WWE North American Championship saw Sheamus losing the title to LA Knight. Ilja Dragunov successfully cashed in his MITB briefcase to become the WWE Universal Champion by defeating Drew McIntrye.

November

November brought Survivor Series. The Miz defeated Robert Roode to claim the WWE United Kingdom Championship. The Street Profits defeated Alpha Academy to become the WWE RAW Tag Team Champions. Ronda Rousey unseated Asuka as the WWE Women’s Martial Arts Champion. Austin Theory defeated Seth Rollins to become the WWE United States Champion. Gunther defeated Sami Zayn to become the WWE Intercontinental Champion.

December

At Payback in December, Shayna Baszler and Sonya Deville defeated Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan to become the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated LA Knight to become the WWE North American Champion. Robert Roode and Braun Strowman defeated The Street Profits to become the WWE RAW Tag Team Champions. Roman Reigns reclaimed the WWE Universal Championship by defeating Ilja Dragunov. Payback also saw rising newcomer Xander Z, under the tutelage of Bret Hart, get injured in his match against Finn Balor. He is expected to be out 4-6 months but will no doubt want revenge on Finn Balor and possibly Judgement Day when he returns.

January

The Royal Rumble is upon us. Bobby Lashley defeated Big E to become the WWE Champion. Bianca Belair defeated Bayley to become the WWE Women’s Champion. The winner of the Men’s Royal Rumble was Seth Rollins. The winner of the Women’s Royal Rumble was Asuka.

February

At elimination chamber, Imperium defeated The Usos to become the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions. Johnny Gargano defeated The Miz to become the WWE United Kingdom Champion.

Seth Rollins said he would face Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship.

Asuka said she would challenge Bianca Belair for the WWE Women’s Championship.

March

During the month of March, The Usos reclaimed the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship. The Street Profits defeated Robert Roode and Braun Strowman (The Dirty Dawgs) to become the WWE RAW Tag Team Champions.

April

WrestleMania!
Seth Rollins defeated Bobby Lashley to become the WWE Champion.
Bianca Belair successfully defended the WWE Women’s Championship against Asuka.
Roman Reigns successfully defended the WWE Universal Championship against Sheamus.
Damage Ctrl defeated Shayna Baszler and Sonya Deville to win the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship.
Charlotte Flair defeated Ronda Rousey to become the WWE Women’s Martial Arts Champion.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2024, 01:24 PM   #46
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Post WrestleMania

After WrestleMania, the WWE took a 2-week vacation to do multiple things.

First, there was a RAW and SmackDown Draft where many wrestlers changed shows.

Next, the WWE North American, United Kingdom, and Women’s Martial Arts Championships were dissolved. The respective men’s champions, Shinsuke Nakamura and Johnny Gargano will get to challenge for a mid-level championship on their respective shows sometime before SummerSlam. Charlotte Flair will get the chance at the first PLE of the year to challenge for the WWE Women’s Championship.

Third, there are some wrestlers who were not drafted but will be available to be signed as free agents down the road.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »